Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Bergen, Dec 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of days ago watched Avatar in IMAX, 3D with Digital Surround Sound at the biggest commercial IMAX screen in Houston.

What a blast!!!!

2. saw it in melb and spent to much time looking over the top of the 3d glasses just to see the difference,good movie.
  3. Saw it yesterday in 3D. Visually spectacular but with the most cheesy, predictable storyline you could imagine. Even the missus was saying ''I knew that was gonna happen'' every five minutes and she is usually the one who is sat there asking questions like: ''Who is that guy again?'' and ''Is he one of the baddies?'' and ''Why did he just do that?''

Worth going to see in 3D on the big screen but I wouldn't bother getting it on DVD as essentially it just boils down to a fairly average film with really good effects and computer wizardry. Also I think the CGI fight scenes were a bit wasted given the 12A certificate. It would have been awesome to watch some serious bloody violence in glorious 3D, perhaps a 15 certificate with a little more gore and blood would've made it better.