Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by brazenhussy, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i have a pic i wish to use for my avatar - but the file size is to big-- any ideas how i can resize to make it smaller? 8O 8O
  2. if you upload it to photobucket there is a automatic avatar resizing button!
  3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I still want to be a bottle of Dr James' finest.....
  4. thanks chick- but still to big!
  5. save it to your hard drive then open it in paint. Clck image menu then attributes and you can resize using inches, cms or pixels. That should work
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Have a look at this one, very easy to use and free

7. Thanks Janner, you are my hero. I've been looking for a suitable avatar for ages now and when I found it I hadn't a clue how to resize it after many failed attempts on paint. Cheers shippers.
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I use it on our website, its so easy to use, and means that you can quickly get a fairly standard size pic in the gallery index pages
  9. Just a thought, but have you tried scissors?? :headbang: :w00t: :w00t: :afro:
  10. Just a shame the text in mine isn't clearly readable, pmsl when I found it. Sooooo true.
  11. Put the text in your signiture box Geordie then we can all have a laff :toothy2:
  12. Thy wish be done....
  13. Download one of the best image manipulation programmes on the net - The GIMP (no duff) .... and because it is open source it is 100% free .......
  14. Cheers matey :thumright:
  15. You could try:

It's free and easy to use, not taking up a lot of space either.
  16. Well thats the avaturs resizing sorted out. Now about my willy?
  17. [​IMG]

Has it appeared?
  18. oh it has. But how can i embed it\# as a signature?