Autism and vaccinations

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by hobbit, Jun 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is an ongoing dispute between the parents of autistic children and the medical/pharmaceutical industries and governments . While the medical industry and governments insist on the various vaccinations for babies the rate of autism is skyrocketing . Denials persist by those involved because of the possibility of huge compensation payouts . Legislation was enacted in America setting a statute of limitations of twelve months to protect those manufacturing vaccines containing mercury ( thimerosal ) from litigation . Needless to say , the big producer of vaccines involved is a contributor of funds to the government . For the information of parents or future parents and a difficult decision to make regarding the health of their children . This is info from an area I study although I have no financial connections therefore nothing to gain . Importantly it is a decision parents have to make but this is worth being aware of imo .
    Children With Autism Get Their Day in Court
    Dr. Mercola View Dr. Mercola's Profile

June 13, 2007

In Yuma, Arizona, the first court case alleging a link between childhood vaccines and autism is being heard in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.

Eight other such cases are soon to follow, and the decisions made will guide the handling of the other pending claims.

The cases are therefore being closely watched by 5,000 families with autistic children who have lodged claims for compensation.

Most of the families claim that a preservative called thimerosal, which contains mercury, is the culprit responsible for autism. If the courts agree, the families will be eligible for compensation from a federal vaccine injury fund. No autism claim has yet been paid from the fund.

In the Arizona case, Theresa Cedillo says that her daughter Michelle suffered five days of fever after receiving a measles, mumps and rubella vaccination when she was 15 months old. Afterwards, according to Michelle's mother, her personality and health changed for the worse.

In addition to autism, Michelle suffers from inflammatory bowel disease, glaucoma and epilepsy. Her bones are also prone to breaks because of malnutrition, since she must eat most food through a feeding tube.

Forbes Magazine June 11, 2007

Dr. Mercola's Comment:

The link between autism and vaccines, and particularly the mercury-rich preservative thimerosal, is a highly controversial topic that often brings strong responses from both sides, but it's hard to argue with facts.

Take, for instance, a study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Vaccine Data Link that concluded that children who receive thimerosal-containing vaccinations are 27 times more likely to develop autism than children who do not.

Or, consider that Amish children -- who typically don't receive vaccinations and rarely have autism.

Let's face it, mercury is a potent neurotoxin. Injecting it into a child with a rapidly developing nervous system can have terrible consequences. It is true that in many childhood vaccines, the mercury has now been removed -- but only to be replaced with equally damaging toxins such as aluminum and formaldehyde.

Here is a partial list of some of the other fillers that vaccines can contain:

aluminum hydroxide
    animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain, dog kidney, monkey kidney, chick embryo, human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
    monosodium glutamate (MSG)
    phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
    If you are a parent on the fence about vaccines, please take the time to carefully evalute this issue before making a decision that could alter the life and health of your child forever. Doing so could mean the difference between life and death.
  2. Vaccines contain a slew of toxins, including mercury in many cases, which overwhelm the child's ability to detoxify. Being tiny, with an undeveloped immune system, babies and young children cannot handle the toxins and pathogens in the vaccines. (Even adults have problems. A consensus is building that the Gulf War Syndrome was caused by the vaccinations given to the troops.) Vaccines introduce many more toxins into a child then it is able to get rid of. As a consequence, the toxins get stored in cells. This toxin buildup prevents the brain from functioning properly — and leads to autism.

Ingredients in vaccines (as listed by the CDC on their website) include antibiotics, aluminum gels, formaldehyde, monosodium glutamate (MSG), egg protein, and sulfites. A child could be allergic to antibiotics. Aluminum can, when there is a silicon deficiency, cause the brain conditions seen in Alzheimer’s disease. Formaldehyde is a highly toxic carcinogenic chemical. MSG is a potent excito-toxin which can cause seizures, brain tumors, and more. Egg protein could cause a life threatening anaphylactic reaction. Sulfites are another toxin which can cause allergic reactions.

Rebecca Carley, MD reports that "What the CDC does not list is that 13 vaccines at present (and more are in the works) are actually cultured on aborted human fetal tissues (go to for more info).â€

The CDC fails to mention the ethyl-mercury containing preservative thimerosol that has been in many vaccines, and still is in some. Dr. Carley points out that the "rate of occurrence of autism in the last generation became self-evident proof that vaccines are the causative factor."

The hepatitis B vaccination is especially bad because the baby is so young when given it. Many older children develop autism after getting the measles, mumps and rubella vaccination. Because the MMR vaccine contains three strains of viruses, it introduces into a small child more viruses than it’s poorly developed immune system can handle. It literally will cause multiple viral infections in the child that overwhelm the immune system, and does lead to the development of autism in some children
  3. The courts cannot come to a decision from some claim, you can't make a definitive decision without proof.
    Unless all kids who have had the MMR jab became austic then how do you say it is definately that which caused it. Also it's the same as saying there was no autism before MMR, but there was.

All my children and grandchildren are fine and they had MMR so I have to side with the experts on this one.

We also can't take any US claim or court decision as definitive, the yanks would make a claim blaming the vet if their dog died even though it's 300 years old.
  4. I like the assertion that since Amish children don't get vaccinations, and have a low incidence of autism, that these two facts must be linked. It couldn't be anything else, could it? Or could it?
  5. My Father refused to have injections for his children my Eldest sister is 81 my next is 76, both healthy and full of beans, i never had any injections until i joined up in Jan 56. Privately i did not approve of it for my grandchildren but they seem ok, my own children had single jabs, why parents can`t opt for that nowadays puzzles me, is it cost, or Government stubborness? I don`t know the answer.
  6. It will be a different story when their child dies from measles!Which has increased immensly since people have stopped having the MMR jab.
  7. And hasn't mumps been linked to sterility in males?
  8. Since there is even the slightest doubt, why are the govt still preventing parents from opting for X3 single vaccinations? Is it just to "prove a point"?..
  9. Perhaps the strain of Measles has changed, in the thirties and forties if a child had measles all the other children were brought in to play with them so that they would catch it too.
  10. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

They say you can make statistics say anything you want, but this tells a story about thimerosal which was removed from all childhood vaccines in the USA in 2001.

I don't pretend to know the answer but do feel a balanced argument is necessary:

CONCLUSIONS: No evidence was found to support a distinct syndrome of MMR-induced autism or of "autistic enterocolitis." These results add to the recent accumulation of large-scale epidemiologic studies that all failed to support an association between MMR and autism at population level. When combined, the current findings do not argue for changes in current immunization programs and recommendations.
  11. So you never cross the road, because there is always a marginal risk of getting knocked down.

I'm assuming you don't keep your money in a bank either, there is a small risk of it going bust and you losing the lot.

You don't have any form of life insurance, because clearly life bears no risk in your world.

Meanwhile, back in the real world. Why should the NHS not bear risk on the treatments it delivers? If there is no risk to be borne, which treatments should they stop delivering because they can't afford them?
  12. This is not an argument about jabs, it is really about the triple jab, if a parent has doubts why can they not elect for single ones, as i said is it cost or is it the Government being Stubborn or being controlled by the jab companies?
  13. Actually, I'm a stockbroker so I do know how to asses levels of risk etc, but I'm not prepared to risk my childrens future for something like this where there is still arguments re the safety aspect of it... As I stated above "why are the govt still preventing parents from opting for X3 single vaccinations? Is it just to "prove a point"?
  14. If you're a stock broker, you also know about unsubstantiated rumour. The perception of a link between autism and MMR was fabrication stemming from the ill-disciplined work of one doctor. From what I can tell, there has never been a proper, peer-reviewed and provable link between them. So as far as "risking my children's safety", there is no more risk to them from giving them the MMR than crossing the road (to use the example above). Let me state that plainly: there are no "arguments re safety aspect of it" (paraphrasing your statement above). Only the Daily Mail (an ill-disciplined, ignorant paper if ever there was one) thinks otherwise.
  15. The governments case is that the the MMR jab gives the best protection at the lowest risk thus should be the way forward. As it is not only has every study into the suggested link between MMR and Autism shown that there is no link, but the original research that made the suggestion has been shown to be carried out very badly to the extent the doctor involved was charged with professional misconduct and I think struck off.

As things stand at the moment it would appear that the least risky approach is to use the MMR vacine

Edited to point out he has not yet been struck off, the hearing starts next week
  16. They are sticking with the MMR because all the research shows that not only is it safe, but it is safer than the single vacine. The research that suggested the link with autism has been so discredited now that not only have the co-authors withdrawn their conclusions but also the originator is being accused of professional misconduct (the hearing starts next Monday) and may be struck off as a result. Now in my books that would suggest that believing there is a link is perhaps not the safest path for a parent on the basis of the available reliable evidence.
  17. My daughter is 20 months and has just had her MMR jag. We did ask about single shot but were told we couldn't get it on the NHS, if we went private we could get the 3-singles but would cost £100 per jag. Make of that what yu want but someone is making dosh hand over fist on the back of this scare!
  18. The government is being stuborn for the benefit of your kid thay say. The MMR jab is supposed to be safer for the rugrat.
  19. Well in that line of work you'll also appreciate the arguments for cost-effectiveness.

Presumably because most parents aren't properly equipped to make an adequately informed risk assessment, based on the available information.
  20. My son is autistic and he had the MMR jab. Both me and the wife don't blame the MMR jab on his condition. I believe it's just the way nature is. The only reason there are now more cases is that the diagonosis is much better these days.
    For those parents who don't have their children jabbed remember measels kills, autism doesn't.