Author Paul Cardin discusses the Falklands campaign

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
He's awake already. New book. Operation Pedestal. All about the Navy's attempts to keep Malta supplied during the Second World War.
Pedestal was one particular convoy in August 1942, don't know why he's writing a book about it, there's shedloads already. It was the most crucial convoy to Malta probably of the whole of the war. I've read a couple of books on it.

Mmmm - Perhaps there's a Conspirancy Angle?

eg Diplomatic Telegram from Corporal H via Peru offered starving Maltese islanders honourable peace terms had been lost/suppressed for all these years. Diligent research into it's significance by amateur whistle blower causing shock waves throughout the official historian's inner circles.

After all - What the hells the point of 'History' if it cannot be regularly revised, re-written and rubbished?

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Pedestal was one particular convoy in August 1942, don't know why he's writing a book about it, there's shedloads already. It was the most crucial convoy to Malta probably of the whole of the war. I've read a couple of books on it.
I listen to a pod about it, with him. They were some brave those sailors.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I listen to a pod about it, with him. They were some brave those sailors.
I take my hat off to all of them, especially to the ships company of the SS Ohio. I feel a sort of affinity to them as my maternal Grandfather was Maltese and served on oil tankers during WW2, having survived two sinkings by u-boats.

Stirlin

War Hero
Manxman did a couple of stints doing relief runs to Malta before being hit by a torp' which took her out of the war needing extensive repairs.
In the DC school at Raleigh were pics of the damage done by the torp' to illustrate how good DC could save a ship.