Author Paul Cardin discusses the Falklands campaign

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Indeed - the Gazette can be a fascinating place to trawl from time to time. For example - if you put in my full name you get service number and from there you get everything else. No bankruptcy order though. Coincidental or otherwise.

Dusty70

War Hero
Drift thread here - my wife was going to buy me the Diamond Jubilee medal as it states all service people,emergency services etc who have served are ENTITLED to one - and I said no

I was awarded the Golden Jubilee by the DoH as I was working in the emergency services at the time

So the 3 medals I wear are GS(NI), Golden Jubilee and LSGC which were AWARDED - so are we , now we are retired and therefore cannot be awarded the Diamond Jubilee, therefore wear it as we are ENTITLED ???

Sumo

War Hero
Drift thread here - my wife was going to buy me the Diamond Jubilee medal as it states all service people,emergency services etc who have served are ENTITLED to one - and I said no

I was awarded the Golden Jubilee by the DoH as I was working in the emergency services at the time

So the 3 medals I wear are GS(NI), Golden Jubilee and LSGC which were AWARDED - so are we , now we are retired and therefore cannot be awarded the Diamond Jubilee, therefore wear it as we are ENTITLED ???
I thought with the Jubilee medals all were entitled but only so many made so given/awarded to a chosen few. Silver jubilee, youngest onboard and 1 SR were awarded.
The ones you can buy I believe is a company flogging medals

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I thought with the Jubilee medals all were entitled but only so many made so given/awarded to a chosen few. Silver jubilee, youngest onboard and 1 SR were awarded.
The ones you can buy I believe is a company flogging medals
Silver was 2 per ships company and all Cdr's and above (I didn't get one so I drowned my sorrows down the Barbican).

So I have the OSM(Afghanistan), Golden Jubilee and LS&GC and clasp and that will do me, although I know of a couple of medal hunters who will buy and wear the Diamond one, they like to buy ones off those made up medal sites.

Obviously his book was read and gained some level of response, now on book 3, is he your hero?
No, although he is doing good stuff. If I was in a position to hand out medals for heroes, they'd go to whistleblowers and truth speakers. Julian Assange and David Icke would get Victoria Cross equivalents for valour in my dignified world.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
No, although he is doing good stuff. If I was in a position to hand out medals for heroes, they'd go to whistleblowers and truth speakers. Julian Assange and David Icke would get Victoria Cross equivalents for valour in my dignified world.
Dignified world.....really?

More like cuckoo land :rolleyes:

Sumo

War Hero
What you're saying is, his book is better than yours, hence he is in a position to help others come to terms whit how therejunta government treats veterans, and you are not. But you wouldn't help veterans, instead you would praise and support conspiracy theorists, good job your book is shite.

Wightsparker

War Hero
David Icke? You are somewhat deluded. Ah, you say, that's because I'm really one of the Lizard People.....