Author Outed

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Jul 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :
    :
    BBC News - JK Rowling revealed as author of The Cuckoo's Calling

<<...JK Rowling has secretly written a crime novel under the guise of male debut writer Robert Galbraith.

The Harry Potter author was acclaimed for The Cuckoo's Calling, about a war veteran turned private investigator called Cormoran Strike.

The book had sold 1,500 copies before the secret emerged in the Sunday Times. Within hours, it rose more than 5,000 places to top Amazon's sales list.

Rowling said she had "hoped to keep this secret a little longer".

The author described "being Robert Galbraith" as a "such a liberating experience"...>>>

I suppose she'll soon be claiming to have written Red Sailor, too> :roll:

Albeit only that one copy which Finks withdrew from RR's Sham-Tam auction.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So do you think JK Rowling was our very own Norway Chris as well..?! :shock:

• Like Like x 1
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

No but she could be JD's Sister.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I await further tales of the 'Hogwart's Express'... :wink:

5. :
    :

Fink-Nottle?

He's never admitted it but I always had him down as S&S: Wtr.

"Many an experienced undertaker would have been deceived by his appearance and started embalming him on sight."

P. G. Wodehouse

6. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Breaking News! It appears that JK Rowling alias Robert Galbraith, is a great fan of ARRSE and has in fact mentioned said website in the book complete with web address! I have been promised a copy for review so that should be going up soon.

Strangely there seem to be no mention of RUM RATION, obviously has a preference for real men!

7. Did read somewhere that The book most likely to be started and never finished is JK Rowlings "A Casual Vacancy" ... I can relate the that ... started it ... got bored half way through waiting for the wizard to arrive so it still remains half finished!

8. I read the first Harry Potter, which means I've pretty much read them all