Australias stance on Immigration

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by fishmiester, Jul 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this is already posted else where:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, BRITISH citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths!
  2. Now why don't we have politicians of this calibre. The last one that I remember was some fellow name of Enoch who gave a speech entitled Rivers of Blood. He was of course castigated for this.
    Time for all immigrants to be reminded that they came to this reason in many cases to escape persecution, be it religious or other. We should not stand idly by while a minority of those welcomed by the country attempt to change it's laws and traditions.
    If you wish to live and work in the UK then welcome, if your ambition is to turn the UK into the type of country that you have vacated, then please return to that country.
  3. I don't believe in dual citizenship. It's a make your mind up situation, but if someone should "naturalise" as a Brit, we should retain the option of withdrawing that status if they commit treason. Trouble is, when will one of these radicals be charged with treason? The law still has the potential to come down hard on traitors, but can you imagine our left-leaning legal profession, the human-rights-without-responsibilities advocates or our spineless politicians ever supporting such a charge?
  4. I wholeheartedly agree with these sentiments but can you honestly see our politicians speaking out in the same vein?? I cant see the Gordon Broon et al would speak such words but at the same token i would say that the Australians politicians are only voicing what us in the UK have been thinking for the last 40+ years.
  5. Unfortunately we, because of Tony Bliar and the promting by his wife now come under the European HR act

She and her lawyer firm have made Millions from cases brought up linked to what we can and cannot do in our own country

I did a lecture on Australias immigration and the key thing they say to ant country that believes they are wrong is from the United nations law

It states you are to claim refuge in the first safe country you enter

Not travel half way around the world to get to Austarlia or in our case UK

But back to european law again we are all counted as the same country so they come here The Blairs and Labour have a lot to answer for
  6. Now what if the Aborigines stood up and said something similar?
  7. They would be welcome to do that, however as many of them exist on state benefits and other special deals I think you would find that turkeys do not vote for christmas.
  8. Okay, as someone who has dual citizenship.. I was born in NZ as my parents emigrated there back before you needed passports. They now have joint UK/NZ citizenship and will always keep their UK passports but would never return to the UK to live. They live in Christchurch, which is seen as one of the most English of the NZ cities.

I have my NZ passport, but I never use it. However, I'm probably going to end up back there in a few years time - been here since '01. I'd love to stay here and will always keep my UK passport, but with the way the country is going, I can't see myself staying here - I can't afford what these immigrants are given by the Govt.

I do agree that if people want to move to a country, they should gain the citizenship of said country. Either that, or as John Howard has said, get out. NZ is maybe different, as is Aussie, as both countries still hold strong ties to the UK, but as for all the foreigners who come in and can't speak a word of English and never want to do anything but collect money from the State and screw us over - they should get the hell out!
  9. You beat me to it this time Peter!

Quite right too. If the Australians cannot accept indigenous culture and its pagan beliefs, then the whites should all leave and return to blighty! After all, that's their message to Muslims.
  10. Right then so thats the problem fixed, we take all the Aussies and send all the Muslims to Australia. :thumright:
  11. At least then, we would win a rugby league international :thumright:
  12. Wonder how the indiginous population of Australia would handle Sharia law and the enforced covering of their bodies if ths were to happen? ^_^;
  13. Only the other day I was having a similar discussion on the internet with American and Australian friends on this very issue. Basically the thread was the type of immigrants that migrated to the US and Australia in the early 20th century and the type of 'economic' migrants we are all getting these days. This was my own submission. Now having read the Australian stance I believe this is the way forward.

I know this makes me sound like the grumpy old git that I probably have become , after hearing the same old story that keeps cropping up over the past 40 years. For the civilised western nations things have just been made too easy these days and we have become far too complacent and
    and unchallenging in our attitudes and vigilance.

Decades of relative prosperity,the gradual breakdown in respect for law and order and authority in general has opened the door to a breed of people who believe the world at large owes them a living. Having no work ethic themselves they think it is their right to enter the most affluent countries in the world illegally and avail themselves of that nations benefits to which they have made no contribution whatsoever.

Gone are the days of those proud peoples from troubled European nations who migrated to America to primarily seek refuge from oppression and the chance of a new life. All those people of European stock were proud to reclaim their lives and dignity through hard work and from the start considered themselves Americans first and foremost.The whole concept of America added some magical ingredient into that huge melting pot of diverse nationalities that somehow welded them all into one nation. We shouldn't forget either the huge oriental influx of Chinese and Japanese migrants over the years who also made the transition into proud American citizens. A success story that I don't recall occurring anywhere else in the world ever before or since.

Back in those days when no information technology existed the US Immigation Service somehow managed to successfully screen and basically control the vast numbers of people seeking entry. Today with all our wonderful satellite and computer systems we can't even approach the benchmark of efficiency on immigration control set by the Ellis Island processing of the early 20th century.Even then many were not successful in their applications and were returned to whence they came. Okay. they only had a few points of entry compared to todays rabbit warren of bolt holes, but nevertheless they processed millions and millions of immigrantswhich must have been a herculean task.

But today, even when apprehended, most of these illegal, free loading, economic 'immigrants' exploit our liberal and bleeding heart legal systems and manage to remain with no fear of repatriation. Then we, the citizens of the US, UK and Australia have to pick up the tab for their exorbitant legal fees - talk about adding insult to injury.

The recent arrests of terrorist suspects following the London car bombs and the incident of ramming at Glasgow shows them to be eight foreign nationals working for the Health Service.They came with medical qualifications as doctors from Islamic counties where they were obviously discontented with their lot. They were given highly paid jobs and safe sanctuary and this is how they have sought to repay us for our hospitality -by attempting to kill British citizens. Seriously, I think its high time for a radical change in the way we do things when it comes to controlling our borders and by ruthlessly sending the workshy and undesirable elements packing back to their sand pits.

Bravo to the Aussies politicians for their ballsy stand on the problem.

Bottom Gun