Australian warship fires on poacher

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#3
Disappointed after reading the headline, I had this picture of some Pikey sneaking along the hedgerow with a brace of pheasants, being caught up the duck run by a exocet!
 

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
#4
Dr Nelson said the incident occurred in northern waters in the past month when the large, steel-hulled foreign fishing boat attempted to ram a patrolling naval vessel and refused to leave Australian waters.

"Missiles were thrown, including machetes, at Australian sailors and the chief of Defence phoned me and asked me if they could undertake direct fire and I said: 'Yes they most certainly can,' '' Dr Nelson told reporters today.
... Why cant we have a guy like this at the top?
 
#6
Doubt if we could do it, probably be a breach of their "human rights" and then the EU would fine the arse off us again (and of course the government would cave in and pay up as usual!)
 
#7
Blood said:
Well done. Why cant we be more like that....
Probably because some judge somewhere in UK (backed by the Matrix Chambers) would rule it was their human right to poach, and then award them oodles of cash for trauma and loss of earnings ... !!
 
#9
Aussies regularly fire across the bows of poachers, if they don't heave to then they get a round of 5.56mm across the sharp end, then a burst of 5.56 mm, then they go for a deck mounted .50 cal, can end up with boarding parties and if they are attacked then its all on.
Fishermen usually run for it as Oz courts have really been hammering skippers of illegal boats, $50 to 100k for a first offence, second time 250k loss of boat and serious jail time for the skipper.
RNZN runs patrols in the Southern Ocean and although it hasn't got this bad yet it probably will if the Aussies drive the cowboys off.
Boots
 

ronalder

Lantern Swinger
#10
Could we ask the Aussies to anchor at my end of the Orwell and sling a few missiles at the lowlifes ( all from East Europe ) who are using one of my local streets as a battle ground to sort out their tribal differences? Local plod is a bit busy arranging help for the local street ladies.
 

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
#13
NZ_Bootneck said:
RNZN runs patrols in the Southern Ocean and although it hasn't got this bad yet it probably will if the Aussies drive the cowboys off.
Boots
Well, maybe the new RNZN fleet will be able to keep up with them, as g-d knows the old patrol craft couldn't..
 
#14
Yeah , fair bit of activity off the North coast of Oz and has been for some time . Regular boat burning once a conviction is made as the quarantine risk is high I understand . With Customs and the RAN , both sea and air patrols continually scanning the coast for illegal fishing and ' boat people '. The shark fishing is so cruel as they catch the sharks cut off the fins and throw the poor creatures back in the sea , alive .
:threaten: :threaten: :threaten:
 
#15
hobbit said:
Yeah , fair bit of activity off the North coast of Oz and has been for some time . Regular boat burning once a conviction is made as the quarantine risk is high I understand . With Customs and the RAN , both sea and air patrols continually scanning the coast for illegal fishing and ' boat people '. The shark fishing is so cruel as they catch the sharks cut off the fins and throw the poor creatures back in the sea , alive .
:threaten: :threaten: :threaten:
Why not cut the poaches hands off and throw them back ??? :evil:
 
#17
Reminds me of my friend's uncle, who lives in Mocambique, a nation which has no navy.

He considers himself the de facto Mocambique coast guard, whereby he sits on this beach house's veranda each evening with a drink in his one hand and his rifle in the other. When he sees the twinkiling lights start coming closer inshore (East Asian trawlers raping and pillaging the country's waters), he takes aim a few metres abouve the lights and squeezes one off every once in a while.

He still doesn't know if he's ever even come within a kilometre of hitting one, but at least it puts his heart at rest.

I reckon he should get an RPG and a rubber duck, and sink one of the thieving fu^kers...
 
#20
Obelix said:
Reminds me of my friend's uncle, who lives in Mocambique, a nation which has no navy.

He considers himself the de facto Mocambique coast guard, whereby he sits on this beach house's veranda each evening with a drink in his one hand and his rifle in the other. When he sees the twinkiling lights start coming closer inshore (East Asian trawlers raping and pillaging the country's waters), he takes aim a few metres abouve the lights and squeezes one off every once in a while.

He still doesn't know if he's ever even come within a kilometre of hitting one, but at least it puts his heart at rest.

I reckon he should get an RPG and a rubber duck, and sink one of the thieving fu^kers...
He does sound a bit crazy lol
 

Similar threads

Top