Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Prime Minister does it again

malspal

Lantern Swinger
Australian Prime Minister does it again!!



This man should be appointed King of the World. Truer words have never been spoken.

This should be a world wide rule. If you want to move to any country and become part of that country...WELCOME, But if want to change anything in that new country you wish to live in ...GOODBYE



It took a lot of courage for this man to speak what he had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least he was willing to take a stand on his and Austrilia's beliefs. Yes, allow those that want to come, to come. But understand that if you want to go to a country not of your birth, you should expect to live by their rules and respect their ways of life. This doesn't mean you have to give up yours. I think he explains it very well.





Whole world Needs A Leader Like This!











Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia



Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..





Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '



'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'



'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .... Learn the language!'



'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'



'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'



'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'





'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
 

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well done that man, common sense from a politician at last. You only have to hope that his opponents have the spine not to try and use this against him.
 
Is this not some internet BS that's been doing the rounds? Kev's a nerd, he hasn't the balls or the script writers to say that. Shame really.
 

Ericfish

Newbie
Well done the troll that is still managing to push this invented spam around the net.

Its not true, he never said it, no one said it, its a cut and paste and reinterpretation of a dozen statements by a dozen politicians worldwide.

Nice to think its true, but it isnt
 

malspal

Lantern Swinger
You are probably right, but it does echo the sentiments of many nations with immigrants.
I think the basic message is, if you decide to move to or visit an other country expect to live by their rules and if you do the crime expect to do the time.
We have had numerous "Australians" caught running drugs from and into our neighbouring countries who have very severe penalties. The cry for help from mother Australia is long and loud.
This does not mean that we all have to learn French :wink:
 
Well, as the real Aussies are the Aboriginies it looks like it's time for the Colonial convict-Aussies to be deported unless they accept animism and reject the concept of personal as against communal property.
 

Bergen

ADC
malspal said:
Australian Prime Minister does it again!!



This man should be appointed King of the World. Truer words have never been spoken.

This should be a world wide rule. If you want to move to any country and become part of that country...WELCOME, But if want to change anything in that new country you wish to live in ...GOODBYE



It took a lot of courage for this man to speak what he had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least he was willing to take a stand on his and Austrilia's beliefs. Yes, allow those that want to come, to come. But understand that if you want to go to a country not of your birth, you should expect to live by their rules and respect their ways of life. This doesn't mean you have to give up yours. I think he explains it very well.





Whole world Needs A Leader Like This!











Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia



Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..





Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '



'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'



'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .... Learn the language!'



'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'



'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'



'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'





'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

One Australian king for all of the world? What a novel idea - but so Third Reich.

Finding exactly the right racist inbred colonial fcukwit would be a challenge but Rudd would certainly be a strong contender.



RM
 

pinkprincess

Lantern Swinger
I have tried and tried to write a comment on this thread to express how it makes me feel and I am finding it extremely difficult.

I hate the fluffy bollox of this new politically correct world, this trend of being offended on behalf of others. I have my own prejudices - towards srounging scallies that sit at home, having kids, getting stoned and being able to afford a better car and a better social life than I can. I had every right to go on incapacity benefit and give up but I worked my a*se off to get myself fit enough to get back to work and then worked even harder to get back into my chosen field. I sometimes despair that we have a society in which old ladies are raped and beaten for a few pennies, where children fall prey to monsters and where people are bullied and downtrodden because they are different.

The worst of my prejudices is against ignorant, small-minded bigots. Those that profess to be 'nationalists' are not the only offenders and breed their own form of terrorism. I saw too many NF riots as a little girl to have any respect for them.

I saw the worst of nationalist rule four years ago...

My Grandmother fled her homeland when she heard of a ship coming to the UK, she had heard that 'they' (the UK) needed textile workers. In fear for her life, she fled Ruskie rule and came here. She met another Pole and married within her community. They learned English and paid their own way, they never left that poor immigrant community into which I was born, a community of Poles, Ukrains, Austrian, Irish, Afro-Caribbeans, Pakistanis and Indians but they were happy, safe and alive. My Grandparents worked damned hard to buy their home and feed and clothe their ignorant, vile children and when I came along, the b*stard daughter of one of mother's dalliances. They gave me nothing but love. She taught me to work hard, to love life, to respect others and be kind, to forgive, to love and to trust.

She would scold Grandad for swearing at market traders for selling German strawberries out of season - pointing out that they were not planted by 'the same Germans'.

Four years ago, after much trouble getting her a British Citizenship, I took her back to the homeland. We visited Oszwięcim and we wept as we read of the horrors of the suffering in that cold, dead place. She experienced those horrors first hand and yet she found it in her heart to forgive. When the new Pope was 'outed' as Hilter youth in the tabloids, I asked her (a devout Polish Catholic who had loved Jan Paweł drugi - drugi=the second, in Polish - I am not saying he was a druggie lol) how that made her feel. She said, "_____, he didn't have a choice".

For her, Muslim women attended my Grandad's Polish, Catholic funeral mass, they prayed with her, in their own way. Her friends were all there, so many nationalities, creeds, colours, ages.

I love being British, I love this country, not because I 'owe' anything, although I am grateful that my Grandparents came here to live long, happy, safe lives. I love it because it is my home but I love my ancestral home too. I feel at peace there but it is the same peace that I feel walking in the hills in the forests of Argyll, lying in the grass and looking at the stars in Wales, planting fingertip kisses on the fuselage of WWII aircraft in the Derbyshire hills, picking wimberries in Lancashire, Sitting on the beach in Hampshire, swimming naked in Loch Striven with baby seals, feeling the spray on my face at Niagra Falls, drinking champagne sat on the garden walls at Versailles.

Does loving my country make me a Nationalist? Not if the NF - sorry 'BNP' is what it means to be a nationalist. Not if Hilter's dream is what it is to be a nationalist. (ironically, he would have recruited me for the baby farms, naturally blonde, blue eyed yada yada yada).

Don't hide behind that 'embrace our culture' bollox. I wouldn't dream of disrespecting my Muslim friends by visiting their homes in anything other than an ankle length skirt/loose jeans and a high neck sweater just in the same way as I would not disrespect the friend with the new beige carpet by walking in wearing muddy wellies.

The worst terrorism is the home grown kind. If the Nationalist parties win, the terrorists win because we lose our freedoms, people will live in fear. Fcuk the PC brigade but FCUK the NF - sorry! BNP - even harder, with something sharp and preferably splintered. I want to continue being friends with wonderful people, regardless of their race/creed/sexual orientation etc. I want to be allowed to fall in love with who I want, have fun and not care what people think. One of my great loves in my life is a guy in a wheelchair. It ended because of his child and his ex, not because of his disability. Stop nancying around people because they are 'different' that is just another form of racism. My skin sometimes flares and when it does, my face has been known to crack and bleed. My friend's daughter asked why I was so 'rusty' during one of those flare ups - at least she had the [email protected] to ask and was fine hen I explained to her why I was different. My friends don't notice it. Stop looking for the differences. You may find some similarities.

We should be proud of our heritage, whatever that is. I am British and prod of that. I support my government's fight on terrorism and would do anything in my power to ease the lives of the lads out on ops but let's not allow that pride to turn us into something as ugly as that which we fought so hard against in WWII.

For those of you with the patience to read all of that, I commend you. It is a rant that has been building up for some time and has not yet formed into a cohesive train of thought that would gain marks as an essay on philosophy...
 

malspal

Lantern Swinger
NotmeChief said:
pinkprincess said:
we have a society in which old ladies are raped and beaten for a few pennies

That's their own fcuking fault, they should charge more.
I've got a nice big hole dug somewhere around here if you want to share it!
 

pinkprincess

Lantern Swinger
malspal said:
In your travelogue you forgot to mention God's county..........Yorkshire :)

Yorkshire ROCKS! My step-grandad is a Yorkshireman (he married a Lancashire lass OMG!) but York, the walk through Strid Wood, Ilkley, Burnsall, Grassington, all of the dales in fact, the little boats in the park in Scarborough and its cricket ground, Whitby and even Leeds are close to my heart.

I make a damn fine Yorkshire pud and would rip your arm off for a proper curd tart :wink:
 

malspal

Lantern Swinger
pinkprincess said:
malspal said:
In your travelogue you forgot to mention God's county..........Yorkshire :)

Yorkshire ROCKS! My step-grandad is a Yorkshireman (he married a Lancashire lass OMG!) but York, the walk through Strid Wood, Ilkley, Burnsall, Grassington, all of the dales in fact, the little boats in the park in Scarborough and it's cricket ground, Whitby and even Leeds are close to my heart.

I make a dman fine Yorkshire pud and would rip your arm off for a proper curd tart :wink:

I was born in York, then we moved to Redcar. Whitby was always a favourite haunt (sorry Brahm Stoker) it was reputed as having over 50 pubs. My grandad was a copper at Lingdale for many a year, I took him back about two years before he died, he was soon recognised in the pub and the word got round that "Sandy scruff" was back in town. Many a good yarn came out that night.
 

pinkprincess

Lantern Swinger
malspal said:
pinkprincess said:
malspal said:
In your travelogue you forgot to mention God's county..........Yorkshire :)

Yorkshire ROCKS! My step-grandad is a Yorkshireman (he married a Lancashire lass OMG!) but York, the walk through Strid Wood, Ilkley, Burnsall, Grassington, all of the dales in fact, the little boats in the park in Scarborough and it's cricket ground, Whitby and even Leeds are close to my heart.

I make a dman fine Yorkshire pud and would rip your arm off for a proper curd tart :wink:

I was born in York, then we moved to Redcar. Whitby was always a favourite haunt (sorry Brahm Stoker) it was reputed as having over 50 pubs. My grandad was a copper at Lingdale for many a year, I took him back about two years before he died, he was soon recognised in the pub and the word got round that "Sandy scruff" was back in town. Many a good yarn came out that night.

:D
 

stirling2

Banned
pinkprincess said:
malspal said:
In your travelogue you forgot to mention God's county..........Yorkshire :)

Yorkshire ROCKS! My step-grandad is a Yorkshireman (he married a Lancashire lass OMG!) but York, the walk through Strid Wood, Ilkley, Burnsall, Grassington, all of the dales in fact, the little boats in the park in Scarborough and its cricket ground, Whitby and even Leeds are close to my heart.

I make a damn fine Yorkshire pud and would rip your arm off for a proper curd tart :wink:

Here you go Pink


-
 

pinkprincess

Lantern Swinger
stirling said:
pinkprincess said:
malspal said:
In your travelogue you forgot to mention God's county..........Yorkshire :)

Yorkshire ROCKS! My step-grandad is a Yorkshireman (he married a Lancashire lass OMG!) but York, the walk through Strid Wood, Ilkley, Burnsall, Grassington, all of the dales in fact, the little boats in the park in Scarborough and its cricket ground, Whitby and even Leeds are close to my heart.

I make a damn fine Yorkshire pud and would rip your arm off for a proper curd tart :wink:

Here you go Pink


-

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't know whether to love you or hate you for that Stirling! Thank you and YOU B*STARD! Now I want one even more... *sigh*
 

Bergen

ADC
pinkprincess said:
I have tried and tried to write a comment on this thread to express how it makes me feel and I am finding it extremely difficult.

I hate the fluffy bollox of this new politically correct world, this trend of being offended on behalf of others. I have my own prejudices - towards srounging scallies that sit at home, having kids, getting stoned and being able to afford a better car and a better social life than I can. I had every right to go on incapacity benefit and give up but I worked my a*se off to get myself fit enough to get back to work and then worked even harder to get back into my chosen field. I sometimes despair that we have a society in which old ladies are raped and beaten for a few pennies, where children fall prey to monsters and where people are bullied and downtrodden because they are different.

The worst of my prejudices is against ignorant, small-minded bigots. Those that profess to be 'nationalists' are not the only offenders and breed their own form of terrorism. I saw too many NF riots as a little girl to have any respect for them.

I saw the worst of nationalist rule four years ago...

My Grandmother fled her homeland when she heard of a ship coming to the UK, she had heard that 'they' (the UK) needed textile workers. In fear for her life, she fled Ruskie rule and came here. She met another Pole and married within her community. They learned English and paid their own way, they never left that poor immigrant community into which I was born, a community of Poles, Ukrains, Austrian, Irish, Afro-Caribbeans, Pakistanis and Indians but they were happy, safe and alive. My Grandparents worked damned hard to buy their home and feed and clothe their ignorant, vile children and when I came along, the b*stard daughter of one of mother's dalliances. They gave me nothing but love. She taught me to work hard, to love life, to respect others and be kind, to forgive, to love and to trust.

She would scold Grandad for swearing at market traders for selling German strawberries out of season - pointing out that they were not planted by 'the same Germans'.

Four years ago, after much trouble getting her a British Citizenship, I took her back to the homeland. We visited Oszwięcim and we wept as we read of the horrors of the suffering in that cold, dead place. She experienced those horrors first hand and yet she found it in her heart to forgive. When the new Pope was 'outed' as Hilter youth in the tabloids, I asked her (a devout Polish Catholic who had loved Jan Paweł drugi - drugi=the second, in Polish - I am not saying he was a druggie lol) how that made her feel. She said, "_____, he didn't have a choice".

For her, Muslim women attended my Grandad's Polish, Catholic funeral mass, they prayed with her, in their own way. Her friends were all there, so many nationalities, creeds, colours, ages.

I love being British, I love this country, not because I 'owe' anything, although I am grateful that my Grandparents came here to live long, happy, safe lives. I love it because it is my home but I love my ancestral home too. I feel at peace there but it is the same peace that I feel walking in the hills in the forests of Argyll, lying in the grass and looking at the stars in Wales, planting fingertip kisses on the fuselage of WWII aircraft in the Derbyshire hills, picking wimberries in Lancashire, Sitting on the beach in Hampshire, swimming naked in Loch Striven with baby seals, feeling the spray on my face at Niagra Falls, drinking champagne sat on the garden walls at Versailles.

Does loving my country make me a Nationalist? Not if the NF - sorry 'BNP' is what it means to be a nationalist. Not if Hilter's dream is what it is to be a nationalist. (ironically, he would have recruited me for the baby farms, naturally blonde, blue eyed yada yada yada).

Don't hide behind that 'embrace our culture' bollox. I wouldn't dream of disrespecting my Muslim friends by visiting their homes in anything other than an ankle length skirt/loose jeans and a high neck sweater just in the same way as I would not disrespect the friend with the new beige carpet by walking in wearing muddy wellies.

The worst terrorism is the home grown kind. If the Nationalist parties win, the terrorists win because we lose our freedoms, people will live in fear. Fcuk the PC brigade but FCUK the NF - sorry! BNP - even harder, with something sharp and preferably splintered. I want to continue being friends with wonderful people, regardless of their race/creed/sexual orientation etc. I want to be allowed to fall in love with who I want, have fun and not care what people think. One of my great loves in my life is a guy in a wheelchair. It ended because of his child and his ex, not because of his disability. Stop nancying around people because they are 'different' that is just another form of racism. My skin sometimes flares and when it does, my face has been known to crack and bleed. My friend's daughter asked why I was so 'rusty' during one of those flare ups - at least she had the [email protected] to ask and was fine hen I explained to her why I was different. My friends don't notice it. Stop looking for the differences. You may find some similarities.

We should be proud of our heritage, whatever that is. I am British and prod of that. I support my government's fight on terrorism and would do anything in my power to ease the lives of the lads out on ops but let's not allow that pride to turn us into something as ugly as that which we fought so hard against in WWII.

For those of you with the patience to read all of that, I commend you. It is a rant that has been building up for some time and has not yet formed into a cohesive train of thought that would gain marks as an essay on philosophy...

Churchill summed the Poles up well:-

There are few virtues that the Poles do not possess and there are few errors they have ever avoided.

Spot on

RM
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS PM meeting with Australian Prime Minister at G7: 26 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with Australian Prime Minister Turnbull: 14 September 2017 MoD News 0
soleil FB: NAVYFit - Squash - 1SL v The Chief Of The Australian Navy Sports and Adventure Training 1
Naval_Gazer Queen approves posthumous VC for WWII Australian minesweeper sailor International 1
soleil FB: Royal Australian Navy Band - In Flanders Fields - Anzac Day 2020 History 1
MoD_RSS Further UK assistance to fight Australian bushfires announced as Foreign Secretary visits worst-hit state MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl, UK and Australian Astronomers Collaborate in Deep Space Situational Awareness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Team of UK experts to help fight Australian bushfires MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Australian Space Agencies agree to step up cooperation, with the intention to develop a world-first ‘Space Bridge’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary tasks MAC on Australian-style points-based immigration system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary meets Australian defence minister following £20bn British warship deal MoD News 1
K Australian Navy's Fitness Standards... The Quarterdeck 21
janner Australian Diesel Boat health research. Submariners 6
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary honours allies Australian and New Zealand on Anzac Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Australian Air Force officer teams up with RAF to train Aerospace experts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British and Australian military work with Vietnam People's Army MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM press conference with Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull: 10 July 2017 MoD News 0
alexissonice Royal Australian Navy question International 2
F The decline of the Australian in the UK Diamond Lil's 5
soleil Australian: "RAN Sick Of Tony Abbott's Use Of Phrase 'Drunken Sailors'" International 0
trelawney126 Australian Fleet Review. prince Harry Invited Current Affairs 9
soleil The Australian: "Sending The Pirate Trade Off The Plank" Current Affairs 5
MoD_RSS HMS Diamond joins Australian warship east of Suez Current Affairs 0
janner How tough are Australian men?? Miscellaneous 0
BillyNoMates Navy News (Australian editions). International 0
trelawney126 Australian Forces Probe (Meaty) Diamond Lil's 3
trelawney126 Military CCTV Australian Style Diamond Lil's 8
soleil Sydney Morning Herald: "Australian Interest In British Ships" The Fleet 2
N transferring to the Australian navy ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
P Australian Navy Sex Betting Diamond Lil's 3
C Australian Navy Clearance Diver Life Vest Help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
The_Jimmy Australian Vietnam Vets Day History 0
Streaky Australian Navy sex allegations. Current Affairs 18
5dits Australian Man Diamond Lil's 6
T Australian Labour Government bans free speech Current Affairs 10
NZ_Bootneck Australian Newbie needs help to decide lifepath Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
ex-GI New Professional head of Royal Australian Navy Current Affairs 0
BillyNoMates Australian "Sneakies" Submariners 5
L Australian rape case Diamond Lil's 20
B Australian Commando Killed Current Affairs 5
G Australian Defence Medal (ADM) The Gash Barge 39
sgtpepperband Australian warship fires on poacher Current Affairs 20
H Australian submarine cap tallies Submariners 5
H Australian Indigenous troubles Current Affairs 7
L New Carriers for Australian Navy The Fleet 60
B Australian navy The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 14
N Transfer to Australian Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
MoD_RSS Prime Minister appoints new Envoy on Girls’ Education: 16 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 15 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte: 14 January 2021 MoD News 0
Similar threads


















































Top