Australia - Not Enough Sailors

I could let lem have my AWK, Boiler Ticket etc....even a small wheel spanner and a pair of "seen some sea time'' ovies if that would help.....:)

Sumo

War Hero
I could let lem have my AWK, Boiler Ticket etc....even a small wheel spanner and a pair of "seen some sea time'' ovies if that would help.....:)
Do the ovies still have enough deisel soaked in to work on their own ;)

Archstoker

Midshipman
Bad news guys ovies no longer worn ! DPNU ( disruiptive pattern navy uniform) pyjamas jacket and trousers( no happy pockets) but absorb diesel just as good so stokerss(MT) get two extra sets
I also found that doing 'shoring' with hands above head my pants / trousrs / kecks / dacks fell down !!
Also I am getting old and 15-2 went over my head ?? is that steam ref I missed ?
or is it time for the WE/ ET four o clockers ?

Last edited:

RabC

MIA
Bad news guys ovies no longer worn ! DPNU ( disruiptive pattern navy uniform) pyjamas jacket and trousers( no happy pockets) but absorb diesel just as good so stokerss(MT) get two extra sets
I am found that doing 'shoring' with hands above head my pants / trousrs / kecks / dacks fell down !!
Also I am getting old and 15-2 went over my head ?? is that steam ref I missed ?
Serious question from a PSOF, if no ovies anymore how do you make sure people are in “clean” clothing at meal times? Stand fast dirty smelly sun dodgers.

Stirlin

War Hero
I am found that doing 'shoring' with hands above head my pants / trousrs / kecks / dacks fell down !!
Crib ref as dapper said but also oneupmanship as in '' 15 - 2 that bastard ''

Sumo

War Hero
Serious question from a PSOF, if no ovies anymore how do you make sure people are in “clean” clothing at meal times? Stand fast dirty smelly sun dodgers.
No ovies or bat's in mess, no rules on washing regular, but if you smelt rotten we would politely mention it?

Archstoker

Midshipman
Yaeh was prob;lematic for me as ex RN ' rules are good'
There are extra sets of 'PJs' for Mt / stokers in addition the cafe/ dining hall was run by the ship's PTI so they were able to enforce any hygiene issues!
Also a shock to the system was no 4 o'clockers :(
Does anyone have a wistful memory of their favourite '4 o clocker' snack?
ps never was any good at crib

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
quote 'Does anyone have a wistful memory of their favourite '4 o clocker' snack? '

Boiled egg sarnies were mine - remembering of course to spin the egg first in case of the Chef's little 'jape'

and of course 'Herrings in' on toast - still love that now

Latest Threads