Australia - Not Enough Sailors

I could let lem have my AWK, Boiler Ticket etc....even a small wheel spanner and a pair of "seen some sea time'' ovies if that would help.....:)

Sumo

War Hero
I could let lem have my AWK, Boiler Ticket etc....even a small wheel spanner and a pair of "seen some sea time'' ovies if that would help.....:)
Do the ovies still have enough deisel soaked in to work on their own ;)

Archstoker

Midshipman
Bad news guys ovies no longer worn ! DPNU ( disruiptive pattern navy uniform) pyjamas jacket and trousers( no happy pockets) but absorb diesel just as good so stokerss(MT) get two extra sets
I also found that doing 'shoring' with hands above head my pants / trousrs / kecks / dacks fell down !!
Also I am getting old and 15-2 went over my head ?? is that steam ref I missed ?
or is it time for the WE/ ET four o clockers ?

Last edited:

RabC

MIA
Bad news guys ovies no longer worn ! DPNU ( disruiptive pattern navy uniform) pyjamas jacket and trousers( no happy pockets) but absorb diesel just as good so stokerss(MT) get two extra sets
I am found that doing 'shoring' with hands above head my pants / trousrs / kecks / dacks fell down !!
Also I am getting old and 15-2 went over my head ?? is that steam ref I missed ?
Serious question from a PSOF, if no ovies anymore how do you make sure people are in “clean” clothing at meal times? Stand fast dirty smelly sun dodgers.

Stirlin

War Hero
I am found that doing 'shoring' with hands above head my pants / trousrs / kecks / dacks fell down !!
Crib ref as dapper said but also oneupmanship as in '' 15 - 2 that bastard ''

Sumo

War Hero
Serious question from a PSOF, if no ovies anymore how do you make sure people are in “clean” clothing at meal times? Stand fast dirty smelly sun dodgers.
No ovies or bat's in mess, no rules on washing regular, but if you smelt rotten we would politely mention it?

Archstoker

Midshipman
Yaeh was prob;lematic for me as ex RN ' rules are good'
There are extra sets of 'PJs' for Mt / stokers in addition the cafe/ dining hall was run by the ship's PTI so they were able to enforce any hygiene issues!
Also a shock to the system was no 4 o'clockers :(
Does anyone have a wistful memory of their favourite '4 o clocker' snack?
ps never was any good at crib

Dusty70

War Hero
quote 'Does anyone have a wistful memory of their favourite '4 o clocker' snack? '

Boiled egg sarnies were mine - remembering of course to spin the egg first in case of the Chef's little 'jape'

and of course 'Herrings in' on toast - still love that now

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Joint Statement from the UK, Australia, Canada, and United States on Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Statement from the UK, Australia and Canada on Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison: 14 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary celebrates UK-Australia trading ties as Cambridge-based business invests £100m Down Under MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aiming for early trade deal with Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Australia join forces in simulated African swine fever exercise MoD News 0
soleil FB: RN Page: "RN Pilot (On Exchange Programme) Helps To Save Lives In The Devastating Fires In Australia" The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS UK and Australia team up to use space technology to protect Pacific from climate change and natural disasters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dr John joins presenters from around the globe at conference in Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK technology headlines at CEBIT Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nine-Leading UK Fintech Companies land in Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK & Australia commit to rapid and ambitious free trade agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK International Trade Secretary visits New Zealand, Australia and Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Mayor of London in Australia to boost financial sector links MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Morrison of Australia: 7 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: D-Day 75 Commemoration - British High Commissioner to Australia Vicki Treadell's speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK host Australia-UK ministerial talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Change of British High Commissioner to Australia: March 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and Australia agree continuity of Mutual Recognition Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM meeting with PM Morrison of Australia: 1 December 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK to host Australia-UK Ministerial talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary hails modern partnership with Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK Chief of Defence Staff reaffirms commitment to Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy ship set for Australia, Defence Secretary reveals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and Australia step up defence relationship as ministers meet MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PM calls with Prime Ministers of Australia and New Zealand: 10 June 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PM call with Prime Minister Turnbull of Australia: 23 February 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary marks Australia Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Fallon: UK-Australia defence relationship of strategic benefit MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Emigrate to Australia Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
sweetpea Australia Moving Ahead With $20 Billion Japanese Sub Buy. International 9
T British and Irish Lions' squad for their tour of Australia 2013, a good mix? Sports and Adventure Training 7
trelawney126 New Flag for Australia. Can yo design a better one? Diamond Lil's 41
MoD_RSS News article: New treaty to formalise defence co-operation with Australia MoD News 0
soleil Pompey News: "UK May Collaborate 
With Australia For New Frigate Design" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS New treaty to formalise defence co-operation with Australia MoD News 0
L Living in Australia Finance & Pensions 18
ForcesJobShop Diesel Mechanics / Fitters in Australia The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Diesel Mechanics Australia The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Deisel Technician in Australia The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Jobs in Australia: Experienced Diesel Technicians The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
trelawney126 Darwin1942 Australia's Pearl Harbour History 0
trelawney126 US may Station Troops in Australia Current Affairs 5
wet_blobby Australia Diamond Lil's 37
fishhead Once upon a time in Australia........ The Quarterdeck 3
Topstop One of the Bays to Australia,. Current Affairs 1
RumCorps Australia's Rust Bucket Navy International 0
Q Julia Gillard Australia's PM does some plain speaking The Gash Barge 58
W down here in australia The Quarterdeck 21
moshe7158 OLD RN BOXERS DONT FADE AWAY THEY MOVE TO AUSTRALIA Sports and Adventure Training 1