AUGUST OFF

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by LIVERBIRD84, Apr 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I AM RECENTLY GOING TO BE STARTING MY RALEIGH TRAINING AND THEN ONTO SUBMARINE COLLEGE BUT I GO ON HOLIDY 1ST AUGUST. I HAVE HEARD A RUMOUR THAT EVERYONE GETS AUGUST OFF. IS THIS TRUE. THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

2. NO IT ISN'T

3. Actually Raleigh does take 4 weeks leave in August. This is because, as the new entry training site, they work Bank Holidays.

4. Submarine College ay !!!! get through Raleigh first son before you start dreaming about going bloody deep!!! FFS

5. SHIPPERS - WHY DONT YOU TRY EXTRA HARD AND GET INVITED TO GO WAFOOOO!

6. oh FFS....................... here we go again-

7. Yes go Wafoooo and you'll get every weekend off as well. :boogie:

8. now what have i done - god i feel like i had a bollocking and didnt know it

9. not you hun!! xxxx

10. ha ha nice one ill be sound thanx

11. is that it or there anything else that we can
    1. help with
    2. take the p*ss
    3. blatantly give incorrect advice too

As they say on Blind Date - "the decision is yours"

12. No Navy in August makes me sad :-( I am Anchorfaced, it's an affliction.

13. Now, I normally wouldn't harp on about posts and the standard of grammar/use of English etc etc however in this case I can't resist. There is something very very wrong with this post. It belongs in here... :toilet:

It seems to be slightly reminiscent of those spam emails from certain African countries begging or phishing for money. I mean...the whole thing has clearly been written by a thief of oxygen or somebocy who was very very drunk. I seriously believe that the poster urgently needs to address a few issues...joining the RN being top of the list.
    Sorry...but that's my opinion, and what it is too!! Now, where's that toilet...? Ah.. :tp:

14. Submarine College.... Sounds interesting. How deep is it and will you be learning how to polish the black tiles at negative 300 metres! :biggrin:

What ever happened to Submarine Training School.... or doesn't that sound enticing enough for youngsters weaned on the false notion that everyone is capable of becoming a graduate? :roll:

At this rate in 5 years time HMS Raleigh will be renamed Neptune University. Now had they just kept the naval ratings equivalent of Eton going, none of this nonsense would have arisen. One of Shirley Williams (Mmmmmm) mistakes, raising the school leaving age. Please take note Mr. Brown!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Well! If he/she/it are RECENTLY starting Raleigh training, why the f*** are they/them/him/her/those worrying about August!

2BM

16. Now is he joining the Frog Navy, the Frogs take all of August off?

17. If this is the quality of new entries then thank F**K I am due outside. Makes you think that these new trainees do not have a clue about the real Navy.

18. um, if i hit a nerve then i'm truly sorry and i'm very much looking forward to Raleigh.... just heard that there are leave entitlement after you've completed training and some people have said you go straight to the college you will train/study at. can someone confirm?

19. TRY AN ENGLISH COURSE LUVVIE XX

20. Are you also liverbird, too? Or did I miss something??