Audacious on the move in Barrow

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by SJRM_RN, Jul 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not often you can see your new home being built Stix :wink:

Edited to add if we get hulls 5 & 6 they'll be named Anson and Agamemnon. Gen dit, remember where you heard it first.

2. I remember where I heard that first. Indian ocean, last year.

3. [​IMG]

4. HMS 'Ansome'?

When did they start letting janner fcukpigs name submarines?

5. My first thought was that pressure hull is off down the battle cruiser for a DTS!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

BBC News: "HMS Audacious: MoD announces £1.2bn submarine contract"

"...A new attack submarine, HMS Audacious, has been commissioned by the Ministry of Defence in a contract worth £1.2bn.
    The BAE Systems deal, which will secure 3,000 jobs at Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria, will progressively replace the Trafalgar Class currently in service."

7. Barrow in Furness.....................possibly the finest run ashore and the loosest women known to sailors:headbang::love8:

• Like Like x 1
  8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Finest run ashore???? Really Slim? I think you should get out more mate.

9. Article says the last 2 hulls haven't been named though, I'll opt for Ajax and Agamemnon :)

10. I have always found Barrow to be extremely welcoming to the RN (and anyone else with money to spend).
    Don't forget that the council provided a whole estate dedicated to the unmarried mothers of the area, nothing like keeping much of the available fanny in one area:biggrin:

11. tiddlyoggy

It's hardly a buzzing metropolis though is it mate?

12. An old sage once asked of you wrecker,

Who the **** are you too decide the names of ships.
    Or threads apparently.
    Back on thread what about another Aurora or Arethusa.

13. Possibly not.....................However as I am of the Scottish, Jewish with a strong hint of Yorkshire persuasion it has one extremely fine attribute.................................It's cheap as feck!:w00t:

14. Well Rummers me old dhobey bucket, I am the Oracle in these matters (not the O boat) and read RNTM's occasionally. I did think that as they're all starting with the letter A, Ark Royal should have been used to keep the WAFU's happy but that was frowned upon for some reason :) Just to add I mentioned Artemis as well but that's a no-no for some obscure reason!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  15. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Vote for Aurochs if only because of the motto - Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat.

16. tiddlyoggy

Bullshit baffles brains??

17. Seaweed

Oggy wins RR Latin prize.

18. Bit surprised the last two haven't been named because scroll to the bottom of this tale...

https://navynews.co.uk/archive/news/item/5815

19. Seaweed

Maybe those are pencil names- it has not been uncommon in the past for names to change prior to launch.