Auction - Haynes Manuals

Discussion in 'Charity' started by witsend, Aug 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Following on from Jimbo's great idea to auction off his Andy McNab prize. I've decided to auction off a few books I've recieved courtesy of A_G, and his tremendous work through the book review section, for the Mongke's_Fist trip across Europe and Asia.

HMS VICTORY - £21.99

Brand new this set will cost you £56.97, which is cheaper than a very worn copy of The Red Sailor. Whilst the proceeds of this auction isn't going to pay for the fuel to Guz, every inch makes up a mile.

The auction will run until next Sunday the 19th, start of the afternoon watch. Good luck!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ===================================

A sound gesture; someone has to open so I'll kick off at £60.00.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. witsend, what a predictable arse you are. :)
  4. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  5. witsend

Wow Bob!

If I'm being honest I thought this would only make 20 or 30 quid max.

I and the Mongke's_Fist team salute you sir. :salute:
  6. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

While you shouldn't need to read the reviews for these great books as they are to an extent self-explanatory, I have added the links to the reviews so you can see the depth that Haynes have gone to to bring these manuals out in a humorous yet interesting and informative way.

If someone wishes to bung an extra couple of quid in then I am happy to add to this list with

Space Shuttle.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. witsend

:salut: Jimbo.
  8. Strong work all round! Thanks for the generosity fellas.
  9. witsend

I'm on ignore, so he wouldn't see if I outbid him. Plus I prefer him to have to fork out £20 for a book which he can't sell on for a profit. Anyway I have promised the Mongke team a tidy sum for a little something.
  10. ====================

Make it £75.00.

If the Space Scuttle is in on the deal. too.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Of course and with pleasure!
  12. We salute you!

At £75 with BreathingOutOnTheWayUp.
  13. tam

I'll bid £65.01 and you can keep the books.
  14. Pay it in then.
  15. tam

There is a higher bid but I am sure you know that and the only reason that I can think of as to why you have poked your proboscis in, is that witless is your sock-puppet? So we will see what the crack is when the fat lady has ceased to sing.
  16. And your reason for mlaaring into this thread Tamknottle?

To put in a fake offer?
  17. tam

Not at all wings, my offer is sound.

However there is still time to run and there is a higher cash offer of £70 but it is possible that a better offer may be forthcoming, let's just wait and see shall we.
  18. There is a better offer you dick. Bob is winning with £75.

Lay off the toilet duck.
  19. tam

So isn't £70 a higher amount than £65.01? I really do despair at some of the dunderheads that frequent this space.
  20. £70 still wouldn't be a valid bid as its lower than £75 you dull as **** tedious sociopathic ****.