Attrition? Not just the navy.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by epsom salt, Oct 3, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Captains being the young dogsbodies--understandable.
    Lt. Cols. being the ones who command-Well?
    But what of the ones in between--No word from them.
    They are sitting pretty.
    "Sunray Minors" as the Military refers to them.
    The Military have more than their fair share-- the Air Force and Navy too.
    We best avoid the Two and a Half argument-- but it exists in all three Services.
    It will need to be sorted out.
  2. Your ramblings must be in some form of code. Is there a point to this latest posting?
    Are you expecting any response/interaction?
  3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Appoint thrusting Captains to ICSC(L) and thence to command of a Company. As it is, ICSC(L) is exclusively majors
    (including RM). Unlike ICSC(M) where 30 thrusting two ringers mix with a few 2 1/2 s who have been loafing.

But Mr Salt knew that *cough*.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. No. But some poor soul succumbed
  6. He clearly did. Much to your exasperation.
  7. Seadog

You'll have to show me where you demonstrated an awareness let alone understanding of the higher education of officers in the brown and blue worlds.

Nothing 'clearly' about it.
  8. Three years ago the RAF merged the branch I was in and stuffed it with baby ex aircrew whose pipelines had been closed. They then redunded a large chunk of highly experienced senior SO3s and hence deprived us of our pensions by taking us out just as we made it to the IPP. As the aircrew pipelines reopened, the sprogs attempted to transfer back.

Last week they re-established the branch.....

Yes, shit and syphilis, I know.

The building I work in now had 12 Lt RNs when I first went there 12 years ago. Now there are 2 and the lurk list of children's tea parties and service funds seems to be getting no shorter.

Must be similar for the OR cadre too - i.e. it's becoming a poor place to work.
  9. Redunded--Bloody Hell--Stop the world I want to get off
  10. No higher education whatsoever. Common sense prevails The day will come when Lance Corporals Chief Inspectors of Police , Squadron Leaders , Majors and Lt. Cdrs are superfluous to requirements. What are they for?
  11. Do you promise to get off and stay off?
  12. Why since you're not up to intelligent responses. I'd always assumed that even the lowliest Stoker Mechanic had
    passed the basic intelligence test. Clearly not--Here's a question for you-- One I remember from Fsgard in the 1950's.
    Captain Cook circumnavigated the world three times. On one of those voyages he died--Which one?
    It's no good saying you know nothing about Geography.
  13. I assume that was a multiple choice question and you struck lucky, assuming you answered it correctly, that's assuming you got through Fisgard, and that's assuming you were at Fisgard and that's not anecdotal from someone you knew who was there.
  14. Never at Fisgard, but had many a Horses Neck there as my brother was an Instructor there in his closing days.. Knew Raleigh well , however, as my first wife was a a 3/O Wren there before we married, and she was forced to leave
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  15. So as you were never at Fisgard, the question isn't one you remember from there, it's purely anecdotal, hence bullshit!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The answer is in the question.
  17. I was never at Fisgard but my then wife was at Raleigh. She and Vonla Mc Bride at Drake devised and marked those then Stokers' Intelligence Tests . I still have copies of some failures--Up is to Down as Black is to ..Tan.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 2
  18. Seadog

A chap as 'superior' as you imagine yourself to be would know that the correct form was and is: 3/O WRNS. Ratings were Wrens, Officers, never.

Just your imagination then AB Salt?
    • Like Like x 2