ATTITUDES

2badge_mango

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
And if you plann it properly more rewarding :smilebox:

Couldn't agree more Maxi. I was a little concerned about taking full retirement at 60, so saved up a decent "wodge" (backed up by my lump sum), paid off the mortgage, took the plunge, and expected to be drawing from my nest egg to tide us over the five years until the state pension kicked in. As it happened we were well able to manage without it, and, twelve years later, the "wodge" is still there, adding a tidy little income to the five pensions we have between us. We have never had so much disposable income in our lives before, and are able to enjoy a good standard of living, help out our grandchildren when required, and with six or seven paydays a month, never worry where the the next bottle of wine is coming from.
But - be warned - it IS habit forming!!

2BM

AfterSSE

War Hero
2badge_mango said:
Maxi_77 said:
And if you plann it properly more rewarding :smilebox:

Couldn't agree more Maxi. I was a little concerned about taking full retirement at 60, so saved up a decent "wodge" (backed up by my lump sum), paid off the mortgage, took the plunge, and expected to be drawing from my nest egg to tide us over the five years until the state pension kicked in. As it happened we were well able to manage without it, and, twelve years later, the "wodge" is still there, adding a tidy little income to the five pensions we have between us. We have never had so much disposable income in our lives before, and are able to enjoy a good standard of living, help out our grandchildren when required, and with six or seven paydays a month, never worry where the the next bottle of wine is coming from.
But - be warned - it IS habit forming!!

2BM

plan to adopt soon...
asterix01.gif
pick me...pick me....
Borat.gif