Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attended live event, noted interest..what now?

mazz1998

Hi,

I'm keen to join the RNR and have waited a long time for 'the right time'.
I attended a recent live event with my other half and loved it, at the night we gave our details if interested in joining and now I'm wondering how long it usually takes for the RNR to get in contact and start the application process.
I've ordered the Royal navy psychometric test booklet online after going through the samples given in the welcome pack and started the 8 week pre-joining fitness programme (although I'm fairly fit at the moment). Is there anything else I should be doing in the meantime?

Cheers,
Mazz

Anchor Faced

Lantern Swinger
Push forward, glad to hear you were not put off ;) Why wait for them? Call your AFCO or failing that if you got their details; the unit's Whole Ship Coordinator (WSC) and push on. See you out there.

mazz1998

Push forward, glad to hear you were not put off ;) Why wait for them? Call your AFCO or failing that if you got their details; the unit's Whole Ship Coordinator (WSC) and push on. See you out there.

Thanks for the advice. I have held back for a few days instead of my usual 'dog with a bone' approach. Pushing forward is definitely something I can do!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Father_Famine Bar in Liverpool Bars Royal Marines who attended funeral Current Affairs 46
MoD_RSS Support service for Northern Ireland trade goes live MoD News 0
soleil BBC R4: Wed, 23rd September 2020 - 3 PM - Money Box Live - Armed Forces Financial Help Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS Anti-bullying helpline now live MoD News 0
SeaBiscuit October BRNC Intake- FB Group now live RFA 5
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Alex Chisholm speech at Civil Service Live 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Register for Civil Service Live Online now MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GREAT partners competition to bring ‘Magic of Live Events’ online MoD News 0
soleil Plymouth Live: "Plymouth Sailor Corners Bungling Burglar Who Terrified Woman Then Fell From The Roof" Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS Court of Appeal to live-stream family cases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: Collaborative use of live facial recognition technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech at GCR Live: Telecoms, Media and Technology 2020 MoD News 0
Stirlin RFA Able Seaman's will to live. RFA 0
MoD_RSS Biometrics Commissioner on the police use of live facial recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to announcement on Live Facial Recognition MoD News 0
soleil Plymouth Live: "Royal Navy Sends Marines To Arctic To Prepare For New Era As UK Freezes" The Corps 0
soleil Plymouth Live: "Royal Navy And British Army Reduce Presence In Caribbean" RFA 3
MoD_RSS Civil news: check live case work with new status report service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advice for users of live Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS) vaccines MoD News 0
soleil Plymouth Live: "Royal Navy Submariners Face Toughest Seafaring Test" Submariners 9
soleil Plymouth Live: "Watch Royal Marines Lead Commando Group Go Wild In The Jungle" The Corps 3
MoD_RSS Scheme giving ex-offenders a stable place to live up and running MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: face-to-face contracts go-live on 1 September 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Secretary's speech at Countryfile Live 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Actuaries and the Analysis Function at Civil Service Live MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Global Conference for Media Freedom, London 2019: watch live MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Lisbon hosts live social media sessions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: More than 380,000 people in Gaza will receive live-saving medical treatment with help from UK aid MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Report 02/2019: Self-detrainment of passengers onto lines that were still open to traffic and electrically live at Lewisham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Martin Coleman GCR Live speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Delay Repay 15 goes live for northern passengers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Apprenticeships at WorldSkills UK Live – 15 to 17 November MoD News 0
vauxhall Deciding to live abroad Finance & Pensions 9
soleil Bristol Live: "Why One Of The World's Biggest Aircraft Carriers - HMS Prince Of Wales - Is Linked To Bristol" The Fleet 0
soleil Forces Network Sports: Army V Navy Babcock Trophy: How To Watch LIVE Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil Devon Live: "Torquay Victoria Cross Hero To Be Honoured" History 3
soleil LIVE STREAM: The Mountbatten Festival of Music 2018 - Live from Saturday 10 March at 19:25 PM The Corps 1
D Live in France need advise. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS News story: MOD to attend Who Do You Think You Are live 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Service personnel want greater choice on where they get to live MoD News 0
MichaelBully1 Live Bait Squadron Society - latest bulletin /link to documentary History 0
MoD_RSS News story: Live maps for unmanned air systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: AJAX successfully completes major live firing milestone MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Who do you think you are? LIVE MoD News 0
Logi Live event at HMS Dalriada Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 16
Stirlin Shaker Aamer , Extremists have no right to live in this country. Current Affairs 51
Simon - Quest Magazine Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) have a number of vacancies live on Questonline. The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
C (Re)Live a life without limits Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Sgt Jobsearch Estate Keeper (Live In) - Ashford - £16,000 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0