Attendance Records for Members of Parliament

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by slim, Jun 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently I have been watching parliament on television.
    To my surprise though we have over 600 members in the house, the numbers attending often number less than 20.
    Are records available as to dates and times for members attending the House of Commons?
    If not does anyone else think it should be a matter of public record?
  2. I was asked that question earlier this week, so I can give you a quick reply! :p

No! :D

The only records of Members' attendance is the voting record, available in Hansard. Not all debates end with a vote, so no records exists at all here. No other records are maintained. However the numbers present in the Chamber can be deceptive. On Thursday evenings many MPs return to their constituencies, returning to Westminster on Sunday or Monday morning. When MPs are not in the Chamber they may be meeting constituents, dealing with constituents' enquiries (often hundreds of letters a day) or participating in Committee meetings examining policy or legislation passing through Parliament. There is also an informal agreement between the different party Whips, that there will be a proportional balance of MPs in the House for certain business in order to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the House and Parliamentary business.
  3. Of the top of my head :roll: Beast of Bolsover, Dennis Skinner, Most Attendances/ lowest expenses claim, If you like him or not, donated his pay to the miners when they were on strike :D :D :D Not a duck house or moat their :wink: :wink: :salute: :salute:
  4. The Viggers Duck House (apparently the Stockholm Duck House) is going up for auction. I quite fancy one for my garden, but NOT AT THAT PRICE! Looks like you'll have to share my bedroom Scousey, when you visit! :D
  9. :oops: :oops: Naughty Naughty poofters :roll: :roll: :roll:
  10. There was a steward on the Eagle who was chiefs messman as he refused to work in the wardroom.
    He was discharged when it was discovered that he was a demolition expert, well not really, he just iked to blow things up :oops: .
    One of the chiefs was heard to say that he thought it was most unfair, seems the steward hadn't got to him yet :p
  11. We can be if you ask nicely....... 8O :twisted:
  12. Cum on Scousey, what phantasies do you have to do with brownhatters' scrambling nets, matching keks (so essential for uphill gardening) and Mr & Mr Type 42? We'll have to organ-ise a get together in Brighton and you can march with Pride Scouse, as an Hongay (honorary poofter) alongside Sussex and me, with the Type 42 Stokers fore and aft, guarding your manhood :biggrin:

Slim can come down and give us all a practical demo in manually inflating lifejackets as we all lie in bed, pretending to be asleep, neggers lifevests! :lol:
  13. Sorry Thingy, I'm no good at manually inflating either lifejackets or men.
    I just don't have the Poof for it :p
  14. SLIM,
    Have I cracked the code? 8O

S lips
    L umps, or lengths,
    I nto
    M en
    If I have cracked it I get 30 days free trial at the Queer Club with Thingy, money back guaranteed. :D :D :D :D
  15. Oi, that's my beer money you talking about! 8O
  16. Cor made I laff that one :p
    Fortunately there is no code, I'm just a fat bstrd who was given the nickname Slim by my mates shortly after joining the RN.
    In those days we had no fitness tests :p
    However for your efforts you are awarded 60 days at the Queer club. :p
    No need for you to give the money back unless you want to