Attempting to Join RMR but need help locating previous service record

Discussion in 'RMR' started by JonnyAlpha, Jun 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi;

A very good friend of mine started recruit training 10 years + ago he was / is a very fit strong lad with a positive mental attitude and I have no doubt he would have passed out. However due to personal reasons he sacked it (his girlfriend gave him the option her or the corp and the weakling chose her then she ditched him!!).

He has now decided he would like to join the RMR and has been in touch with the AFCO in Exeter who have asked him to get hold of his previous service records. Seems bizzare as I thought they would have a better chance than him.

Anyway who does he need to speak to get his service record? SPVA / HMS Centurion?

Many thanks
  2. I imagine they are after some documentation to explain why he left training, ie not MD's SLNR'd. Not that I'm saying they disbelieve his explaination.

Try here bud;
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RN Disclosures Cell
    Room 48
    West Battery
    Whale Island
    PO2 8DX
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Telephone: 02392 628779/ 02392 628781[/FONT]
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Tell your "good friend" that being kicked out of the Corps for pork sword fighting in the back of the BV is no longer permitted, due to the current equality and diversity policy. In fact, in some green-lidded environments, is actively encouraged... :wink: