Attacks

slim said:
I fully agree with the need for better detection rates, however the police have an extremely difficult job to do making ensuring that motorists are not travelling too quickly. Occasionally they do strike lucky and find one of these motorist has been out thieving. More plods on the beat, more rewards for information leading to convictions.

The reality is that that there are so few plods checking up om motorists that driving standards are falling badly. Policing motorists has been left to the flash bang cameras.

I would agree that we need to get more of the policvemen we have out catching vilains, but there are none left on traffic to steal.

There are two things we need to do to dramticaly cut crime and the impact that crime has on every day lives, firstly improve significantly the detection and conviction rate, and secondly solve the drug problem.

F169

War Hero
Solving the drug problem link with crime is simple - legalise them, just as they were 50 years ago and sell them over the counters at pharmacies. Its incredible that as soon as drugs became easily accessible to other classes, rather than just the upper class, shock, horror they were made illegal.

The other, medical and professional issues associated with drugs can be tackled by using profits to fund education programmes about drugs and treatment centres and random testing for abuse where safety issues are concerned (armed forces, driving etc.)

Before some parents condemn me, the effects of drugs can be horrific but its not just kids at risk (remember Frank Bough?) and what to me is much worse is a society, especially the elderly, living in fear of the crimes of those wanting to feed their habit. Some will still remember when people never used to lock their front doors. The insurance industry must certainly have profited in the last couple of generations......

slim

War Hero
F169 said:
Solving the drug problem link with crime is simple - legalise them, just as they were 50 years ago and sell them over the counters at pharmacies. Its incredible that as soon as drugs became easily accessible to other classes, rather than just the upper class, shock, horror they were made illegal.

The other, medical and professional issues associated with drugs can be tackled by using profits to fund education programmes about drugs and treatment centres and random testing for abuse where safety issues are concerned (armed forces, driving etc.)

Before some parents condemn me, the effects of drugs can be horrific but its not just kids at risk (remember Frank Bough?) and what to me is much worse is a society, especially the elderly, living in fear of the crimes of those wanting to feed their habit. Some will still remember when people never used to lock their front doors. The insurance industry must certainly have profited in the last couple of generations......

Agree with you on legalising drugs, that would stop the profits made by organised crime.
Disagree with you on why people never used to lock their doors.
The reason was people were less affluent then, so much so most people had little or nothing to steal.

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
I was walking past a nightclub recently when a couple of young asian lads were trying to get in. They were dressed in jeans, trainers and t shirts, not what you would call smart either.

I heard one of the lads shout "you're not letting me in because i'm black" to which one of the bouncers replied "i'm not letting you in becuase of the way you're dressed, and you're not black, you're a paki"!

I must admit i found it amusing, as did the black bouncer working the door with him.

I live in an area where there are no go areas for white people.

Young asian men also have a really annoying habbit of parking their cars right next to each other on busy roads and winding down their windows for a chat. They don't give a toss about the traffic they're holding up bahind them. You dare to give them a toot on the horn and they're out of the car shouting and gesticulating. Very intimidating.