Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Attacks

higthepig said:
I`ve seen loads of white men with black women,or werent you in the Navy?

Not yet. In that sense yes, but to actually have a relationship it's odd, or it was not so much now. I always get asked where my dad comes from because I'm obviously mixed and it always seems to surprise people when I say he's English through and through...

higthepig said:
The very man slim

Remember him fairly well, had a mate called Snowflake who drove the other lift.
If I remember correctly the old question was :
"Whats black, goes up and down and whistles"

Answer either Snowball or Snowflake the lift driver.

One of my problems with colour is that a black man is black and a white man is white, what are the inbetweens? Coloured i hear you say, or of mixed race, in my opinion it doesnt matter if you say they are black or white, and someone who is more white than black, what then? is it that white people put them into sections, or they (of the darker skin)Prefer to be called black or coloured, we know a song about that dont we, What we need is a great big melting pot.

higthepig said:
One of my problems with colour is that a black man is black and a white man is white, what are the inbetweens? Coloured i hear you say, or of mixed race, in my opinion it doesnt matter if you say they are black or white, and someone who is more white than black, what then? is it that white people put them into sections, or they (of the darker skin)Prefer to be called black or coloured, we know a song about that dont we, What we need is a great big melting pot.

I prefer to be called nothing, I'm me. I have a name call me that. I'm neither black nor white. Which irks my friend no end when I say that, apparently I can't be English because somewhere back I have colour in me. In fact when people get pissy (is that allowed) I just blurt the fact that I'm more white then black therefore if you want to put me into a group I'm white. Get's some strange looks I can tell you.

The Thais have a saying.
Its not the colour of a mans skin that counts, but the colour of his heart.

When I was a kid my father taught me that it was impolite to call a black person black, you should refer to them as coloured. Well this has been thrown out of the window for many years. From experience most of the coloured people I have dealings with refer to themselves as black.
It isn't the colour of a peoples skins which cause interracial problems but attitudes.

slim said:
The Thais have a saying.
Its not the colour of a mans skin that counts, but the colour of his heart.

It isn't the colour of a peoples skins which cause interracial problems but attitudes.

I agree whole heartedly with those sayings.

Tenacious said:
I prefer to be called nothing, I'm me. I have a name call me that. I'm neither black nor white. Which irks my friend no end when I say that, apparently I can't be English because somewhere back I have colour in me. In fact when people get pissy (is that allowed) I just blurt the fact that I'm more white then black therefore if you want to put me into a group I'm white. Get's some strange looks I can tell you.

I think that you need to educate your friends Tenacious. Skin colour or religion has no bearing on nationality. If you were born in England then you are English. Because England is part of the United Kingdom you are also British.
Try asking them what colour natives are. You will be suprised how many will answer Black, incorrect natives can be any colour, they are native to a country. In your case Britain.
The prettiest women I have ever come across were of mixed race. In Thailand there are many mixed marriages between Europeans and Thais. The result, extremely pretty children. Many of the stars on Thai television are Eurasian.

slim said:
Tenacious said:

I think that you need to educate your friends Tenacious. Skin colour or religion has no bearing on nationality. If you were born in England then you are English. Because England is part of the United Kingdom you are also British.
Try asking them what colour natives are. You will be suprised how many will answer Black, incorrect natives can be any colour, they are native to a country. In your case Britain.
The prettiest women I have ever come across were of mixed race. In Thailand there are many mixed marriages between Europeans and Thais. The result, extremely pretty children. Many of the stars on Thai television are Eurasian.

I've given up trying to educate them, seems as most of what they come out with is near enough the same crap a teacher came out with, which I promptly corrected her on. Same thing about not being English but British, all a bunch of Bull. I'm as English as anyone with my St. George's flag in my bedroom. Not saying I don't recognise where the other side of my family comes from but I was born here I don't know any different.

The_Caretaker said:
I went to a boys school in the heart of Brixton, london all the guys there where apart from a handful of us where Black, I live in area where mugging is a 1st choice of work. where do you live?

Care Taker

I was station in South London both inner and outer suburbs as a CID Officer for 20 years so let us clear one or two urban myths.

1. There is no such offence as Mugging. It is Robbery or Armed Robbery

2. The Majority of victims of street robbery are male of any race or colour between the ages of 15 and 30. Very few little old ladies get robbed in the street or in fact any place. Why? cos young males of any race, colour or creed are out on the streets 6pm to 6 am and they are the ones who have spending cash and attractive designer itemsworth stealing. It is not rocket science!

3. In any particular area the majority of crime is committed by the majority of persons who live in that area. Poor areas Brixton are High crime zones rich areas, Belgravia are low crime zones. I have worked in both. In Brixton most offenders are Black/Afro,Caribbean. In Kingston most white/English and in Southall, let us guess, YES YOU GOT IT, Indo/Pakistan.

Your statement above is both ill informed and racist.

Nutty

Nutty
Caretaker was not being racist. His statement was qualified by the area he lives in, Brixham. In your reply you state that most muggers in Brixham are black, Afrocaribean. As an ex plod you are aware of the correct charge/s that would be brought for mugging. Most of us would refer to the act as mugging.

While your reply was extremely informative, I think the charge of racism is misplaced.

higthepig said:

I think the real answer is that you should not need to categorise.

higthepig said:
I wonder what my old mate snowball would think of this,he was shiny black and anyone lighter than him was white trash, but then times change, but its not racist for a black guy to sleep with a white woman, or a white guy to sleep with a black woman, but i happened to mention in passing once that i slept with a french woman, and for that Rum Rationers have constantly abused me.

Cant remember you ever mentioning the "French Woman" hig , hehehe

Unfortunately Maxi in crime statistics race plays its part.

The majority of Gun crime and Drug dealing is carried out by members of the black Afrocaribean community.

The majority of crimes such as embezzlement , fraud and deception are carried out by white middle class professionals.

Until we can cross train our criminals we will be stuck with categorisation

Latest Threads