ATCO to Pilot

Pigmoustache60

Midshipman
Hi guys,

Found out today that there is currently a wait time of 5 years to join as a pilot. I was wondering that if I were to join as ATCO if it's possible to change role after I have completed a tour as an ATCO?

PM60

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Join as a ATCO you’ll never leave the tower
Is this you?
73f1eeb30a95c77be33ef8dbca65f28f.jpg

navynet1

Hi guys,

Found out today that there is currently a wait time of 5 years to join as a pilot. I was wondering that if I were to join as ATCO if it's possible to change role after I have completed a tour as an ATCO?

PM60
Hi, where did you hear this? If flying is something you really want, I would stick with it! If you’re interested in ATCO - give it a go, I’m sure any role will be as fulfilling as the next. Good luck!

Pigmoustache60

Midshipman
Hi, where did you hear this? If flying is something you really want, I would stick with it! If you’re interested in ATCO - give it a go, I’m sure any role will be as fulfilling as the next. Good luck!
Hey bud,

having done more digging it turns out theyve just changed the FAT score for pilot to make it harder. This has weeded out over 75% of pilot applicants and reduced the wait time to about 1 or 2 years.

PM60