At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by FlagWagger, Oct 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

... in the light of a Muslim PC being excused from duty at the Israeli Embassy:

a) does the panel think that a public servant should be excused duty as a result of their religious beliefs?

b) does anyone believe the Met spin that is was for "family reasons"?

How long is it going to be before the Church of England is banned because it offends our immigrant population?

2. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

What an utter disgrace. We had a muslim that tried to refuse going with us to Saddam's tour of Kuwait. Tossers! Screw them and the camel's they rode in on.
    They offend me (in case anyone hadn't noticed).
    They alienate themselves with their refusal to integrate and complain that the world is against them when people drip about them. Tools.
    Compare them to Bhuddists with their carfree attitudes and tolerance.
    They could learn from them but they wont cos they are so backward and restrained by the chains of Islam.

3. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

The young gentleman should be told that the police service fully understands his fealings and therefore to ensure that he is never faced with a similar situation that they will sack him.

Peter

4. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

And to add insult to injury the Police are saying that it is regrettable that the matter became public - it should have remained a private matter - what a load of boll*cks.

I for want want to know whether the police, fire service, NHS, military etc can be trusted to do what they are told to do by the government and if not why not!

If this PC (regardless of whether he is a Muslim, Protestant, Catholic or 7th day adventist) feels unable to perform his duties he should resign.

All that said, I wonder if this case would have got into the media if he had been a white anglo-saxon protestant who also felt affronted by the Israeli actions.

5. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Is this not in the same category as firemen refusing to hand out leaflets at a gay rally because of their religious beliefs?

And being severely disciplined for it?

6. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

That bubbling sound you can hear is my blood boiling... grrrrrrr

7. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

No it is far worse, the firemen were protesting about being ordered to support the gay march, not for refusing to save gay people. This man refused to protect a group of people on the basis of their religion and nationality, that is wholly unacceptable and he should be shown the door with all haste. He is toyally unreliable as a policeman.

Peter

8. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

If you can't carry out all police duties then resign.
    What would happen if this officer found a group of young muslim thugs attacking a Jew, would he arrest the thuge or join in the attack?

9. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

[​IMG][/img]

10. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Ling, loved that cartoon.

Can anyone explain why there is a Black Police Association?? Or am I starting another thread with this question?

11. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Interestingly it ought to be: but this is not the first time this has happened. It IS the first time it has come to the public's attention though.

I am already aware through the GPA that some Christian and Muslim police officers already refuse to work with gay colleagues. If true, and if, as I understand it this position has gone unchallenged, then this new incident can be of no suprise. Its novelty is to extend the discriminatory principle (and practice) outside the police service. That IS disturbing. However before you target Muslims you should bear in mind that this is exactly the kind of legal precident that the CoE is lobbying Parliament for at present - though it thinks that the effect of its lobbying if sucessful will only be to allow them to refuse to provide any services to gays. It won't work like that in practice. Why stop at gays? If there are moral grounds for opts out here then one could use scripture to argue for other moral opt outs - such as providing a comprehensive public service to disabled people, people from ethnic minorities, menstuating women (all in Leviticus) or those classified as slaves (non-citizens?) (Corinthians), etc. Where will it end? If we tolerate such a discriminatory principle then we are, in effect, aquescing to the backdoor imposition of para-Nazi, quasi-Nuremburg Laws. Just remember, fascism is as great an evil as communism, and both upon close inspection are remarkably similar!

12. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Does anybody know what the exact request was? It could be have a conflict of interest. If something had happened at the embassy people could have accussed the Met of allowing a sympathiser near the building.

Please note that I am not accusing the officer of being sympathetic to any cause but you all now how people are quick to throw around accussations.

13. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Well said Lingyai, I'm in total agreement.

14. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Cheers mate, although the jihad boys probably wouldn't be as amused...TOUGH!
    Can you imagine the uproar and outrage if a white police officers association was formed? Cries of KKK white extremists etc.

Double standards like this are what keeps these people going, they love being an underdog minority, blacks muslims queers, they all enjoy it, bleating on about how they should be accepted and standing out as just the opposite with all their parades and support groups.
    They all need to get thicker skin, big hairy set of spuds and be happy that they are black muslim queers.

SWITCH ON :idea:

15. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Exactly!

16. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Lingy, the reason why both the Association of Black Police Officers and the GPA were formed was because in both cases their constituents felt that the Police Federation failed to provide them with proper support when they faced mistreatment and discrimination at work because of their intrinsic characteristics. White (male, heterosexual) police officers who form the backbone of the service do not, though their dominant status, need a seperate association. Having a thicker skin is no use when you face disciplinary action for something you haven't done, etc or colleagues saying they object to working with you simply because you are gay or black. That said, anyone working in the public sector financed by the taxpayer should provide an equitable service to all. You would receive the same service from me Lingy as I would give to, say, Nutty or Peter.

17. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Matters to me not that he is a follower of Islam. Religion has no place in the management of public services, as it polarises opinion. I further have no problem with anybody following whatever religion they wish, but whenever a belief system impinges on society, it has outlived its usefulness to that society. If you don't want to do your job as a copper, get another job.

Lingyai has obviously formed his opinions in accordance with his own experience, but I have never had a bad experience with the people that I have met from the Middle East, be they Iraqi, Iranian, Turkish, Egyptian or Israeli. Their rulers are a different matter.

18. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

It is interesting that despite the differences of opinion we normally generate that the community is solidly agreed that this bloke should not be a policeman.

Peter

19. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

The gay police along with the black police & muslim police associations should be dissolved immediately. If a White Anglo Saxon straight male police association were to be asked for it would be construed as racist and homophobic.
    As far as I am concerned there should be just one organisation. The police officers organisation. This is perfectly capable of looking after blacks, muslims, homosexuals and any other minority group including the straight male white officer

20. Re: At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further

Lingyai wrote:
    Attila wrote:
    Ling, loved that cartoon.

Can anyone explain why there is a Black Police Association?? Or am I starting another thread with this question?
    Cheers mate, although the jihad boys probably wouldn't be as amused...TOUGH!
    Can you imagine the uproar and outrage if a white police officers association was formed? Cries of KKK white extremists etc.

Double standards like this are what keeps these people going, they love being an underdog minority, blacks muslims queers, they all enjoy it, bleating on about how they should be accepted and standing out as just the opposite with all their parades and support groups.
    They all need to get thicker skin, big hairy set of spuds and be happy that they are black muslim queers

Just one question
    If you are a black muslim queer do you have to belong to all 3 police associations