At the medical if you....

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by deano_navy, Apr 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick Q guys.

War spec requires a CP2 standard. As i am mildly colourblind i think i'm going to be given a CP3. This would obv. not meet the requirements.

what i want to know is will he tell me at the medical that i did not meet the standard for the trade i am applying for. And also would i be able to let them know there and then what other trdades i am interested in?

Any help please?

2. if you fail anythink at the medical mate you will be told at the medical, they will not make you fit for service unless you pass every thing

3. Junior had to have an eye test when he completed his medical questionnaire before he had his medical.

I don't know what would have happened if he hadn't reached the eye sight requirements for his chosen trade though.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you are outside of the visual acuity (VA) or colour perception (CP) standards for your chosen trade, as advised in the optician report form covering letter, your Careers Adviser will avise what, if any, trades remain available in respect of your eye standard & recruiting test score.

Generally the Engineering & Logistics trades together with Royal Machines, demand slightly less stringent VA & CP standards than Warfairies.