At the going down of the sun.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by frogman007, Nov 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the going down of the sun and in the morning we shall remember them.

2. Indeed and yet again, lest we forget.

3. Just watched the Cenotaph ceremony and march past, and for the first time the red button continuation at Horseguards.
    That lovely couple who met through their service and have been married for 67 years, worth every minute.

We SHALL remember them.

2BM

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  4. Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Whilst it might seem a strange thing to say, I think that the roll call of those fallen since the previous year's Remembrance Sunday hits home in a really powerfully way.

On a personal basis I could have quite happily have hit a woman today who insisted on talking throughout the 2 minutes silence .......

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did the person/other she was banging her gums to not tell her to shut the fcuk up ?????? 2 minutes of quiet 1/365 is not alot to ask .

Cathedral - lovely service today,serving personnel at the front where they should be.Lord Mayor and the usual crowd of bollocks as well of course.

Best part -march past in town after the service.... glorious sunshine thankfully, shoppers spontaneous lining of the streets within seven minutes once they saw the start of the parade clapping all those in uniform as they walked past-just as it should be.

7. [​IMG]
    Nothing more to add.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Unfortunately the ignorant cow was talking to a shop assistant who looked so embarrassed as was the manager and other shop assistants.

As you say 2 minutes to shut up isn't alot to ask in the great scheme of things.

9. Wonderful. Thanks Flags.

2BM

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  10. so beautiful

"When you go home, tell them of us, and say
    For your tomorrows we gave our today.

11. They are gone,
    But not forgot
    I survived
    but they got shot.

• Like Like x 4
  12. This poem really upset me,
    That's mustapha fuckin shelved when he gets back, incompetent twat,if I told him once I told him a thousand time,
    "The fuckin ugly little bastard, the fuckin ugly ******".