At last. A punch up we can win.

Montigny-La-Palisse said:
Get the fuck in! After 28 years of having our arses handed to us we will soon be taking on an enemy we can stove in.
You must have overlooked the bit where Hague said that he was not talking about deploying British troops, but as it only said that three times in that really long article (eleven sentences!) you can be forgiven for that minor oversight.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Also, before Billy "straight" Hague starts rattling sabres, Wiki indicates they may well have more firepower than us, per mile of coast;

Wiki-doo-dah said:
Côte d'Ivoire has a brown-water navy whose mission is coastal surveillance and security for the nation's 340-mile coastline.

* 1 Patra patrol craft - 147 tons full load - commissioned 1978
* 2 CTM LCM - 150t - commissioned 1968
* 2 Rodman 890 fishery protection - commissioned 1997

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Joe_Crow said:
Get the fuck in! After 28 years of having our arses handed to us we will soon be taking on an enemy we can stove in.
You must have overlooked the bit where Hague said that he was not talking about deploying British troops, but as it only said that three times in that really long article (eleven sentences!) you can be forgiven for that minor oversight.
Oh bollocks to that. I'm sure Monty can get hold of some seaworthy vessel. I'm in. It would be just like Umboto Gorge. Now that was a battle and a half. It would have been worse if they had real weapons instead of sharpened fruit.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
cúnto said:
Will there be child soldiers? Please tell there'll be child soldiers.
Oh yes. And some candidates for African Infantryman of the Year. It'll be like shooting pikeys at a wedding.

cúnto

Lantern Swinger
Blackrat said:
cúnto said:
Will there be child soldiers? Please tell there'll be child soldiers.
Oh yes. And some candidates for African Infantryman of the Year. It'll be like shooting pikeys at a wedding.
Fucking right- it'll be like watching an RNR Weapons Handling Test.

cadetsmum

Lantern Swinger
Is there any oil over there?

If no, then there's not a cat chance in hell we'll be going.

If yes, then I'm surprised the forces haven't already been deployed.

cúnto

Lantern Swinger
SJRM_RN said:
Right, I can secure a skiff. If any of you can acquire a couple of GPMG's and security clearance from the UN I reckon we could be in and out 'without a shot being fired' by next Thursday, and old 'wagbo' will be history.

Who's in?
Dude, I've had my mask on since Monday, and I've zeroed my GPMG low to catch the kids.

Get the fuck in! After 28 years of having our arses handed to us we will soon be taking on an enemy we can stove in. I'm looking forward to this one, and the nice potato munching tricolore coloured gong ribbon that will go with it. Who's coming with me to smash the darkies?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...es-to-oust-ivory-coast-president-2172870.html
Sorry mate. wrong tricolore. the potato munchers were the ones that fought us to a stand still, then took a big 'loan' of money from us. These are black, french speaking potato munchers, :D

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
SJRM_RN said:
Right, I can secure a skiff.
I thought skiffing was outlawed by the Geneva Convention? If we are going to ignore that, i'm not washing my arse. I'll skiff and hand out Mexican Bum Wanks as perfected by 7 RHA, the filthy swine.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Can I come along? It'll make a change to fcuk a blackie without paying for it. It's also been a while since I slapped a spud muncher.

G

guestm

Joe_Crow said:
Yeeeees.

Which is why it's in Lil's and not current affairs you chewer.

I take it you don't fancy coming wog slapping with us then?

G

guestm

You're allowed whatever you like, these lot will be a pushover. VC's allround, all we have to do is get a bit cutoff and spend two days defending a mission station.