At 20 years old should I be...

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by JaFAA, Feb 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wheyyy deleted it.

edited after I basically made a fool of myself.

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

3. sweet mudder of all that good and effing holy,and there we were thinking that Tim was odd

4. ¿Que? WTF is this all about?

5. Haha. I knew I'd get stick for it. I thought some of the older members might understand what I'm on about.

I feel pretty daft now. Eeeerm, any mods out there wanna delete this thread? Or is there a way I can do it myself??

6. witsend

7. witsend

ROthefecknFLMAO,,,,, :lol:

8. WHAT DID HE SAY, WHAT DID HE SAY, WHAT DID HE SAY

9. witsend

Please give us some wisdom yoda JaFAA,,,,, :lol:

10. witsend

Many things dunkers,,,,he would like to enjoy a glass of wine with thingy. Works with older guys near there 50's. etc etc

11. I see, in that case "JaFAA" you should join as a LOGISTICIAN (CATERING SERVICES) (DELIVERY). You will be far more at home in this branch than any wafu spec.

12. Ha. For those of you who want to know I basically said I feel like an old fart even though I'm only 20, and I blame it on the fact I work with people who are 1 or 2 generations older than me.

But I worded it like a psycho, so I deleted it.

13. witsend

Now now JaFAA don’t tell half a dit,,,,,,You confessed to being a 20 yr old guy who works with older gents. Whilst working with these chaps you believed that you had gained a certain knowledge and experience but couldn’t explain it. You felt that being in the company of guys you own age was boring. You stated you felt in touch with these guys and had feelings towards one who was 50 yrs old. Each to their own I say, but you went further by stating that you were seen as a cynic but preferred to think of yourself as a realist who can see through most things. Finishing off you mentioned that it was a boring Wednesday night.

Your right that you sound like a nutter but you erased your post before it was seen by the masses. it’s a shame really because if I wanted too, I could have made up anything and your new name would be Jesus.

witsendwishinghehadquotedRN

14. Sounds to me that you would make a first class Fast Jet Pilot. but, what the fukc do I know?.

15. Or indeed a first class Steward. I am given to understand they are into that kind of thing.
    Anyone having any questions regarding Stewards should PM thingy, he deals with this kind of thing.

16. JaFAA, I really wouldn't worry. In my early 20s I joined a learned society called the Quekett Microscopical Club (the oldest microscopical club in the World) and was introduced at my first meeting to the next most junior member after me. He was a retired GP - he'd retired BEFORE I WAS BORN!!!!!! In fact, Nutty would have been aged 10 when this guy retired (in 1957). Mean age at that time was 90.

I felt perfectly at ease.

Also when I joined the Observer Corps at the tender age of 16 the next youngest member was aged 24 (I thought he was old enough to be my Dad), and all the rest had done National Service in the 1950s (that was in 1979). :lol:

Perhaps what you really want to say but don't know how to, is....

http://www.limmy.com/playthings/beatboy/

17. Ha, I knew someone would understand me! As for that post by Witsend trying to tell everyone what I'd originally written... it covers the general points but is also is way off the mark and makes me sound like I'm into old blokes or something.

18. I have a feeling that was his plan...