Astutes

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by janner, Aug 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Have they got the Astute out of the shed yet?

2. Question is - have they got the core in yet?

3. yeah astute is out the shed

4. no core is not in yet

5. theres phots of them out and about

6. astute undergoing system checks
    [​IMG]

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

The pics I;ve seen all appeared to be computer generated

8. Guy on deck in yellow jacket shouts 'Take the bloody handbrake off'

9. Seems a bit bloody stupid to get the casing all nice and tiddly only to have to cut it off again to put the reactor core in. Or is the after casing on a whopping great big hinge. :smilebox:

10. I live in barrow its deffintaly in the water. Its not a conspiricy. There going to dive it this week or next in barrow docks.

11. its deffintaly in the water. Its not a conspiricy

Yes, it is in the water - i can confirm this too. whether it's 'deffintaly' in the OG1N or whether there is indeed a 'conspiricy' is another matter.. and yes, i too live in B-i-F. Whether the TGs work or not is a different matter...(allegedly)

12. i can look out my window in work and see it, in fact the waterline is already green with algae and the like. the basin dive will be happening later next month

13. OA!!!!!!!!

14. that cant be an actuall picture is it? it hasnt been out of the dock yet as far as i know.

15. dunno dont look as animated as the rest

16. The submarine is at thirty feet all compartments check for leaks.....fwd staff - conning tower upper lid dryyyyyyyyyyyyy.....actually the conning tower upper lid is still above the waterline - but what the hell - shut two clips two pins........................

17. it hasnt been out the dock dont know whats happening with tgs the core isnt in yet but it was delivered on time allegedly alright scouse