Astute set to sail

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by witsend, Nov 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Since Soleil must be on holiday, I'll fill in for her. Well no doubt the ME's will be in sea watches and the dabbers will be having a last few beers.

Daily Record & Northwest Evening mail.

2. The Royal Navy’s most advanced attack submarine was tugged from Devonshire Dock at BAE Systems Submarine Solutions at lunch time today (Saturday).

Says it all really

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I think Soleil is upset because hardly anyone has commented on her photo in the gallery :wink:

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

:lol: You dirty [email protected] :wink:

5. The Telegraph today states that "Astute" is the first R.N. submarine to have individual bunks for all crewmembers.
    Are all other R.N. submarines still using hotbunking?

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

With my past I thought it was obligatory. :oops:

7. says all what

8. Bunks! Luxury,we had to sleep on a cold metal deck plate.

Bunks,they dont know thier born! Whats the navy coming too :?:

9. It's been that long it's conjoined to the jetty

10. Conjoined, conjoined!! What's wrong with alongside? No doubt they were conjoined by a conjoint or is that just conjecture?

11. Alongside implies something is ready to slip and proceed, IIRC Astute was supposed to be operational in 2007. Standing by to be corrected :)

12. no wreckage there is no correction incoming i just didnt know what you were implying
    and your right about the 2007 bit

13. The 2007 date went long before then though. I was at the launch sorry wheeling ou of the shed in 2007.

14. as crew or civvy watcher

15. Hammocks in the Bombshop on Sceptre, if you were lucky 8)

16. Going back to acient history we had bunks for all the crew in Warspite, the 24 temporary bunks in the fore ends were for riders when we went north and trainees for the Cs and Ss being built. With so many boats being built and only 2 at sea training billets were like gold dust.

17. Ships company on a ship that was there for the jolly.

18. i was there as crew it was a bit shit(very slow) were you on the walney sorry if it was other one cant remember her name