Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Astute grounding

So you might have but Seadog has pronounced that it is a topic not suitable for discussion until after the official report is published.We are told thet the report is finished so we now have to wait while it is made fit for public consumption and the names are changed to protect the innocent.

So you might have but Seadog has pronounced that it is a topic not suitable for discussion until after the official report is published.We are told thet the report is finished so we now have to wait while it is made fit for public consumption and the names are changed to protect the innocent.

Dont you mean Guilty?

A gash, jumped up knob jockey who obviously thinks being a moderator, of probably the gashest forum there has ever been, makes him some sort of king, doesn't 'pronounce' on anything I want to say.

A gash, jumped up knob jockey who obviously thinks being a moderator, of probably the gashest forum there has ever been, makes him some sort of king, doesn't 'pronounce' on anything I want to say.

If it's gash, **** off.

"A gash, jumped up knob jockey who obviously thinks being a moderator, of probably the gashest forum there has ever been, makes him some sort of king, doesn't 'pronounce' on anything I want to say. "

while I didnt see the original moved thread, I would remind everyone that this is a private forum at which we are all guests, and not a public location. The owners (the CO's) are usually extremely tolerant at allowing all manner of 'interesting' posts to occur on their sites (see the ongoing James Shortt legal car crash on arrse for proof of that). However, they've decided that there are limits to what can be said here, usually for ongoing court cases, inquiries and the like and ocassionally the MODs have to move / delete threads in order to comply with this policy. Its nothing personal against individual posters, its just the way that the site owners prefer to run their ship, and to try to keep them from being sued / arrested for contempt of court etc.

Once the official report is out, then the topic becomes fair game - please have a bit of patience and wait out till this occurs - thanks!

I'm sorry, but if the topic is not open for discussion then why was it not removed completely??

The original thread with the former CO's name as title, has not been moved to Lil's but to Admin. It is/was full of ill informed opinion and was a bit personal. This Lil's thread is the second one started in Lil's by the OP because he dosn't approve of the subject being off limits. I binned the first (second) one to Admin. I could move or lock this one but so far it seems to be back firing on the OP.

I hear that the "tweet" referred to above has since been removed.

I hear that the "tweet" referred to above has since been removed.
That may well be the case.Is this because when first "tweeted" it was untrue or that it has caused embarrassment.No spokesperson from the MOD has stepped forward to deny the claim nor for that matter to confirm.Seeing as the matter appeared in the responsible part of the news media it would seem to be fair game for comment.