"Astute Commissioning Date put back"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Dec 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thanks for that Sol.

My thoughts are that we could do with someone better than Camilla to send our 'latest and best' into service.

Merry Crimbo to all from NZ (Temporarily)

2. I can't comment on the work that's been going on with her but once she's ready, ship-shape and Bristol fashion she'll be one of the best of her class in the ocean.
  3. Hi mate, are you (or have you ever been) a member of the armed forces?
  4. Funnily enough she will be the only one of her class in the Ocean. :roll:
  5. The Ocean is the only one of it's class too - but how the fook they are going to get it inside baffles me. And why?? :roll: :roll:
  6. Yes, I agree. it will be amazingly cool and awesome. Better than all the other crappy boats. I wish I could go on it when I'm old enough to.

Oooh, a fellow adventurer of life! Awesome! I'm psyched!
  7. Gimme a rank, festering diesel boat with the W/T Office next to the minging traps where fellow crew members drop logs with the doors open any day. Nice to have meaningful conversations in between the splashes and grunts.
  8. Hasn't the Ocean got one of them big ramp things at the back? You could probably squeeze it in through there just about.

9. Hmm - reckon not - and if that is the plan i suspect opsec bars us from talking about it here shippers :wink: :wink:
  10. I think you should re-phrase that as "I can't comment 'cos I don't know fcuk all"
  11. Astute looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie, would've loved to have served on her whilst still in boats. Nephew is part of the engineering software design team. He's been on more fcking boats than I ever did, and he's a civvy.....lucky barsteward.....lol.. - Ex-Conqueror sparker -
  12. I think he got the hint and has now wound his neck back in. Commenting on the 'Aussie VC winner' thread with a 'well done Mark' (in such a way I thought to suggest he might know him [nudge nudge wink ****]) sent my spasticometer off the scale. I nearly nominated him COW for that alone.

13. It'll return. They always do.