Astute CO relieved of Command

Wilf

Midshipman
"The naval chief in charge of a nuclear-powered submarine which ran aground off the Isle of Skye has been relieved of his command."

Chief? Where were all the Officers?

Wilf said:
"The naval chief in charge of a nuclear-powered submarine which ran aground off the Isle of Skye has been relieved of his command."

Chief? Where were all the Officers?
Probably on the Isle of Skye doing the Talisker Distillery Tour. 8O

Think the wording is ----" did Hazard his Ship ""

Its a wonder s few more haven't left aswell--Navigator and OOW are usually the prime suspects .

The price of Admiralty

G

witsend said:
I had a chuckle at the thread over the other side, didn't really pick out many submariners contributing amongst the experts.

Monty sticking up for submariners on the other hand, I nearly choked on my black pudding.
Too many people involved and not knowing the exact sequence of events/ curcumstances it not possible to pass informed comment.

If you wernt there :? and even if you were you may not have the whole picture. I didnt when it happened to me. :oops:

ctfairway

Lantern Swinger
Commanding Officers have been "relieved of their Command" in the past without any Court Martial. Its called "adminstrative action". Happens to XOs too, in fact anyone onboard who doesnt cut the mustard can be moved on by admin action. As far as the CO of ASTUTE is concerned - I suspect there must have been other problems with his performance as well as the grounding to justify his removal.

ctfairway said:
Commanding Officers have been "relieved of their Command" in the past without any Court Martial. Its called "adminstrative action". Happens to XOs too, in fact anyone onboard who doesnt cut the mustard can be moved on by admin action. As far as the CO of ASTUTE is concerned - I suspect there must have been other problems with his performance as well as the grounding to justify his removal.

Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Submariners 91
angry_mac Submariners 24
janner The Fleet 27