Asthma

SISU

Hi,

I have a few questions I'd like to clear up before I commit to the recruitment process.
Firstly, on my medical records about 10 years ago I had recurrent pains in my legs resulting in being diagnosed with 'flat feet'. I don't need special insoles anymore and haven't had any problems with my legs/feet for as long as I can remember.

Secondly, I was diagnosed with asthma when I was younger. I frequently received inhalers up to about 5/6 years ago. I haven't had any symptoms for the same time. However, in my medical records one part stated it might be sport induced asthma. Even although I haven't had any treatment in the required amount of time, would this affect me at all? I also received three steroid inhalers. Is there a distinction between oral inhalers and oral steroids?

Thanks for any replies :)

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
There is no one on site that is qualified to answer your questions. You should try using the search function the have been many questions and answers on the subject. Your best port of call is your AFCO. Good luck.

Eviqs

Midshipman
Hi,

I have a few questions I'd like to clear up before I commit to the recruitment process.
Firstly, on my medical records about 10 years ago I had recurrent pains in my legs resulting in being diagnosed with 'flat feet'. I don't need special insoles anymore and haven't had any problems with my legs/feet for as long as I can remember.

Secondly, I was diagnosed with asthma when I was younger. I frequently received inhalers up to about 5/6 years ago. I haven't had any symptoms for the same time. However, in my medical records one part stated it might be sport induced asthma. Even although I haven't had any treatment in the required amount of time, would this affect me at all? I also received three steroid inhalers. Is there a distinction between oral inhalers and oral steroids?

Thanks for any replies :)
@SISU If you drop me a private message, I had something similar and was declared medically unfit. I appealed (with plenty of evidence and a long letter) and WON! I would be more than happy to send you my case files.

Sumo

War Hero
From what has been said in the past every medical case is unique to you, even if someone was OK it doesn't say the same for you, it may give you a better idea to search and read. As @janner said, go speak to the AFCO, somethings are a no to entry, some are guidelines to be investigated further. Good luck

Some advice to people. You can get over the counter pumps and it does not go on medical record! So do this for a few years then join.

Sumo

War Hero
Some advice to people. You can get over the counter pumps and it does not go on medical record! So do this for a few years then join.
That is a bicycle shop, a pump to inflate tyres, asthmatics need a chemist, for an inhaler, to help oxygenation of the lungs? As previously stated no medical information on here can be trusted.

That is a bicycle shop, a pump to inflate tyres, asthmatics need a chemist, for an inhaler, to help oxygenation of the lungs? As previously stated no medical information on here can be trusted.
I have asthma. I recently got asthma pumps over the counter and they aint touched my records. FACT.