!Asthma! Yes, I know...You've seen this 100 times before.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by UK_Back, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To keep this brief-

Have a history of Asthma
    Went to doctors to check when the last time I had an inhaler was
    She said I havent had one for over 4 years
    Applied for the Navy
    Passed everything until my Fitness test
    Got told I had to wait 6 months then re-apply because I've had an inhaler within the past 4 years (Navy got a letter from Doctor and told me this)
    Checked AGAIN with my doctor, turns out I had an inhaler 3 years ago- BUT only as a precaution because I got the flu bad in winter. It does say there were no signs of Asthma.

So, that either leaves me waiting another 12/18 months to re-apply or can I re-apply but get a letter from the doctor explaining this inhaler was as a precaution.

I'm running 3 miles in just under 19 minutes (18.50 is my best) so I'll easily pass the initial fitness test.

Cheers for any help, although I can see this being full of "Must be 4 YEARS clear"

:(

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Correct.

The wording specifically states "signs, symptoms or treatment" & anyone with a previous history of asthma will appreciate that they must be categorically clear of this life-threatening condition for good reason.

3. Ah, I was just checking there was no way I could get a letter/be put through any further tests to cut off this waiting time.

Shit!

Cheer for the help