Asthma thread again

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by 44carl44, Jan 27, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before anyone says it. I have used the search key and not found the answer I need after checking 6 pages of results or so.

my situation is I am in the middle of my application for the marines. I have been made TMU at the minute for asthma as a kid. Here's the thing I had a wheeze as a kid and was put down as asthma I have never had an inhaler for this or any kind of attack the only thing I have had was steroids for some reason in mid 1993. This would of made me 5 and half at the time. This is were my problem is I see people get a PMU for having steroids after the age of 5 so as I was 5 and a half will this effect me. Another question if the medical standards say 4 years clear of asthma how can you be PMU for something that was well over 4 years as. For me this was over 20 years ago I have never had any problem or asthma medication since so seems a bit stupid they would refuse me for this. One last thing I served in the army 2004-2010 and never had any problem there with this so as the medical standards are tri-service should it not be the same for the Royal Marines.

thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Did you ring the RN Medical Manager Carl? The odds are some will tell you to use the search function or take random punts, but the best bet is to go by the advice offered by the service expert - if he advises the decision can only be made once they have a look at the medical records, then that's probably the case.

3. Yes I phoned today but it was after 3 and only got his answer phone will try again tomorrow earlier in the day.i just thought while I wait that angrydoc may be able to answer.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  4. Try phoning again tomorrow before the answer phone kicks in? This is your chosen career so chase those dealing with your case, as AngrD can only give you the book answer not knowing your details.