ASTHMA MAN WINS CASE OVER BAN BY IW FIRE SERVICE

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by brazenhussy, May 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I supppose Heather Macartney will be applying to the Roayal Ballet next

2. Isn't there an upper age limit on enlisting ?
    Addendum (that sounds official..!! :wink: ) Just had a chat with an LFB Officer, and he says there is now no upper age limit.
    My OH is an asthmatic, and having seen what she has to endure sometimes during a bad attack, I would be rather reluctant to depend on this guy saving anybody.

Not forgetting how much public money was probably wasted by him in the first place in bringing this case to a tribunal.

Some people really are penisheads aren't they ? :x

3. FFS - If he gets in and subsequently has a really bad asthma attack whilst he's on a shout and goes down or dies, I hope no one else gets injured trying to save his sad sorry arse.

Edited because I meant to say sad, sorry and INCONSIDERATE arse. :evil: :evil: :evil: ( blood really boiling now )

4. What have a go at wheezers day is it, look this guy has two puffs a day not like some tabbing saddo on 400 puffs a day . I know who I would rather rely on. Yes I am an asthmatic I have run the crew and represented the RN at rugby with this terrible affliction.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Tut, tut you shouldn't be in the mob then lofty- fraudulent application as you clearly did not disclose it at medical. Guess what? You'll lose your pension too. I'd keep rather quiet if I were you.

The reason we do not accept people who require treatment for asthma is that (unlike the LAFB) you may be called upon to serve unsupported without medical cover. Surprising as it may sound, as macho as you seem to think you are- people can & do die of asthma. Don't see why I need to go watch on stop on because you decide to pop your clogs, selfish git. :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. I did not have it when I joined up, occupational related asthma you ****!.
    But as you obviously were not very clever at the AFCO you ended up a stoker so you obviously as associated with your post you could not do my job, so stand down for getting dicked for another duty.

7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Bit touchy about the sawdust allergy? :D

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yup, obviously touched a nerve, but no use crying over a head injury s'pose. :D