Assistance sought with alcohol research

Bad CO

Admin
I bet that caught your attention!

Just in by email is a request for people to help improve an app that aims to help veterans understand more about their drinking - more info at https://drinksration.app/

I am a research assistant on a project looking at the effectiveness of a drinking app for veterans. I wonder if you may be able to help with recruitment for a study being conducted. It would be great if you are able share some information to help us to promote the study and to recruit new participants.

The app, Drinks:Ration, aims to help veterans understand more about their drinking. Taking part in the study can benefit you directly and help you to reduce your drinking. It will also be helping the ex-serving community more widely by helping us to test a health intervention which can benefits others in the future.

Taking part in this study would involve downloading and using a smartphone app for a minimum of 1-month, and to answer questions about your drinking and mental health 5 months later.

If you are a UK veteran, own a smartphone and drink alcohol, you could help improve our app. For more information please visit the study website at drinksration.app. If you would like to get involved, tell us a little bit about yourself drinksration.app/take-part

This study is being conducted by the King’s Centre of Military Health Research based at King’s College London in collaboration with the University of Liverpool and Combat Stress and is funded by the Forces in Mind Trust. This study has been reviewed and given favourable opinion by the Research Ethics Committee of King’s College London, Application Number: HR-19/20-17438.