Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistance and/or advice required

SiriusB

Hi folks. I'm a member of the Boinc community (Distributed Computing to aid science & related research). For the past month one of our regular & well liked members has been missing from the forums.

We have recently been informed that he has suffered a major stroke & is paralysed down one side. He is currently residing n the UAE & there is a problem with returning him to the UK (Money, as usual in these cases).

2 of our cyber colleagues are in contact with the British Consulate in the UAE & as this colleague served in the Navy & I believe served the full 22 years, I was wondering, is it possible for the S.S.S.A or other Forces Associations to assist or advise with returning this man home?

Any advice would be most welcome as at the moment there are many on the forum worried about him.

SiriusB

Thanks for all your help guys. With the help of the RNBT & RBL & Manchester Royal Infirmary, "Whiskey" will be home on Monday.

With the help of the Boinc community, a wheelchair & flight home was raised in time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bad CO Assistance sought with alcohol research Health & Fitness 2
MoD_RSS Movement Assistance Scheme to support agrifood traders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Official Development Assistance (November 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: statement for resolution L.52, Assistance to Somalia in the field of human rights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The importance of fair elections, security and humanitarian assistance in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further assistance to help the marine development sector from MMO MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: Advocacy assistance now claimable on Intensive Paper Reviews MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Windrush Compensation Scheme claimant tender assistance launched MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Official Development Assistance Programme 2020-2021: Expressions of Interest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further UK assistance to fight Australian bushfires announced as Foreign Secretary visits worst-hit state MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK provides military assistance in search for missing Chilean Air Force aircraft MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK hosts international meeting on assistance and development in Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK programme assistance to 2019-2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Economic Secretary statement: financial assistance for Ireland: July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The need for mediation and humanitarian assistance in Abyei MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: No reconstruction assistance without a credible political settlement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Economic Secretary statement: financial assistance for Ireland MoD News 0
A Assistance needed to complete my application Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Speech: Meaningful implementation of humanitarian assistance in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid to provide life-saving assistance for Venezuelans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Expanding UK's diplomatic, defense and development assistance in the Sahel region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid to provide life-saving assistance to hundreds of thousands of Afghans at risk from severe drought MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Independent chemical weapons experts invited to the UK to continue assistance with Amesbury case MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Call for Humanitarian Assistance in Syria MoD News 0
J Housing assistance RN widow Finance & Pensions 12
MoD_RSS Press release: British naval team comes to assistance of family in search and rescue mission MoD News 0
M Assistance required UPO/Careers Office 2
MoD_RSS News story: Minister thanks Armed Forces for flood assistance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Forces go to assistance of stricken cruise liner in the Falklands MoD News 1
IlikeB33r Sun dodgers assistance required! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
RAF_Groundcrew Request for assistance: Short Questionnaire for degree research. The Quarterdeck 14
D Assistance for info on an old salt, (my father). Nearest & Dearest 3
T Joining a ship - requesting assistance The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS United Kingdom assistance for French Mali operation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to provide logistical military assistance to Mali MoD News 3
MoD_RSS United Kingdom assistance for French Mali operation MoD News 3
N Age waiver assistance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
BillyNoMates I need some assistance. Miscellaneous 16
MoD_RSS Dr Fox thanks Malta for assistance with Libya evacuations Current Affairs 0
D Assistance to Author The Book Club 21
P HMS FOREST MOOR - Request for assistance Current Affairs 1
P HMS FOREST MOOR - request for assistance. The Quarterdeck 0
C Any Assistance Would be Appreciated - 210 Squadron History 14
D Info on Sub Medical Assistance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
FlagWagger Boat Name - assistance requested Diamond Lil's 36
J Dissertation Assistance Current Affairs 8
I Medical assistance and check ups Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
B Bootneck assistance required. Help Please! The Corps 2
MoD_RSS Response to the ACMD's advice on 2,4-Dinitrophenol (DNP) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advice on consumer CBD (cannabidiol) products MoD News 0