aspergers & joining

pinkprincess said:
lol - It was usually his clothes but he even ate the remote control for the TV at one point. One of his therapists concentrated her efforts on teaching him not to eat inappropriate things.

I love him but I still howled with laughter when I found out.

He ate the remote? Seriously, how much? I'll buy him.

Rumrat

War Hero
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
pinkprincess said:
lol - It was usually his clothes but he even ate the remote control for the TV at one point. One of his therapists concentrated her efforts on teaching him not to eat inappropriate things.

If you wish to buy him you must go through the appropriate "channels" :wink:

Rumrat

War Hero
Rumrat said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
pinkprincess said:

If you wish to buy him you must go through the appropriate "channels" :wink:

And you need to know which buttons to push :oops:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Send him to boats, I want to see how much of an escape suit he can eat before the towers is fully flooded :D Any family vids we can watch :?:

This is ace, imagine if his Rib was captured by the Iranians, he'd have troughed the lot by the time they got him to shore

NZ_Bootneck said:
Monty, I can just picturise you feeding your 'pet' spoonfuls of sugar and cans of Red Bull prior to a night on the Toon.
Think of all the sympathy shags you'd get after spinning dits about having to care for your Autistic 'friend'.

That's the plan mate.

"Look at little Timmy eating his shoe, he's so cute. I have to buy him new civvies everyday but it's worth it to see that little glebber smile of his"

"Wow, you're so kind and sweet to bring mong boy out with you, let me suck you off"

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
everton53 said:
afternoon chaps. ill get straight to the point; i was diagnosed with aspergers (autism) when i was young and they started giving me incapacity benefits when i started college.

6 years later and im still getting the benefits, but the aspergers doesn't really affect me anymore.

so ive decided to stop being a lazy twat & leeching from the government, and do something worthwhile for a change. i plan on trying to join the navy.

i spoke to the local AFCO last week who told me that usually having aspergers would stop me from joining, but considering my case is so mild i might have a chance. i didnt mention the benefits though, as to be honest its bloody embarassing.

is me being on benefits for all this time gonna stop me from joining?

p.s feel free to take the piss. i deserve it.

OK, meanwhile, back on planet earth for a moment & just to go back on thread for a minute (sorry MLP, the tangent is indeed hugely amusing :wink: ) ...

The young men & women that often serve on loan drafts in AFCOs are not fully trained with regard eligibility criteria. Indeed the professional Careers Advisers are not qualified to give definitive medical advice because the Medical Examiner gets paid huge sums of money for this specific purpose.

Therefore as already stated by Supermario, the medical examiner is the person who will give the definitive answer.

Similarly as already stated by angrydoc, who IS qualified, the odds of being considered medically suitable for service having claimed DLA appear close to zero - whether the detailed information was withheld at the AFCO or otherwise.

everton53 said:
afternoon chaps. ill get straight to the point; i was diagnosed with aspergers (autism) when i was young and they started giving me incapacity benefits when i started college.

6 years later and im still getting the benefits, but the aspergers doesn't really affect me anymore.

so ive decided to stop being a lazy twat & leeching from the government, and do something worthwhile for a change. i plan on trying to join the navy.

i spoke to the local AFCO last week who told me that usually having aspergers would stop me from joining, but considering my case is so mild i might have a chance. i didnt mention the benefits though, as to be honest its bloody embarassing.

is me being on benefits for all this time gonna stop me from joining?

p.s feel free to take the piss. i deserve it.

Hi E 53,

WRT your invitation to take the piss: Are YOU??

If this IS a wind-up, well done. You have got quite a few bites & started a good thread spinning.
(I'm still laughing about the guy who eats his clothes: Would his Kit Muster then be a 5 finger spread?).

If you ARE for real then it would be v doubtful if an RN life would be suitable for someone with your condition; perhaps a couple of years served with the RNR or similar worthy spare time activity (off benefits) might help you to build up a reliable track record before applying for the RN proper later on.

In general, there are so many unemployed turning towards the RN that the whole recruiting process can afford to be pickey-choosey and can skim off the top of the cream, as it were. Do not hold your breath.

Benefits? From what we are led to believe it is a very rare bird indeed who wants to come off those and do any full time work.
(esp. those at Merseyside?) So get off them NOW if you really are serious about ever doing any work, RN or not.

Bob

PS Pre PVR, and pre-TV/i-pods etc, there were many happy hours spent in the messdecks trying to discover 'how to get outside'.
Pity we hadn't heard of aspergers then, it might have worked...... :twisted:

PPS You are NOT 'Leeching off the Govt.' You are leeching off those of us who pay our Taxes:
The Govt. just sprinkles that money around, often with gay abandon.
(No apologies to gays, abandoned or otherwise, I don't do PC.)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Going back "off track": if we did employ individuals who "troughed" clothes, it would be brilliant for mess cooks as the scran bag would be redundant & never again would portable pumps live in fear of having their intake filters blocked during OST flood scenarios.

V. Sats all around :wink:

I am supprised that the knumb nuts Percy04 hasnt come back on here ranting and raving about how sad you all are for laughing and taking the piss out of these people with aspergers,oh well its still early in the day isnt it, 8)

:happy1: