Asking directions in London.....Don't bother

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by trelawney126, Feb 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just spent two days in Windsor and London. Most of the staff in the various cafe's and restaurant's we used were either Polish or from other Eastern European countries.
    Very few 'local speaking'types about.
    Reminds of being in Devon a couple of years ago in a remote village. Went in for an ice cream expecting to hear a true Devon accent but alas she was Lithuainian!
    Sometimes feel that our culture and heritage are quickly disappearing in front of us.
  2. Cue RDMT.......
  3. We took the Belfast to London, and on the friday were granted weekenders. We were then there for the week following, so I came home and took my motor back for the week.
    I could see the bleedin tower of London but could not get at it as the friggin roads are designed to only allow cockle crunchers to move around.
    So I stopped on the embankment and asked a bunch of the locals, "how do you get to the Tower"?
    Answer,......"Treason"..... And something about being "Fixed up for the night".
    Cockney twats.
    Actually funny but their still twats.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The best sight of London is through the rear view mirror.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Now I've left it I agree
  6. ...or a range finder.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I haven't left smoke I'm just on an extended holiday
  8. Yeah dont bother asking for directions in London because either no one wants to know or most people cant understand you.
  9. Most of the white britons will tell you to buy an A-Z guide.
  10. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

And which category describes you best?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. London is getting like New York.............only over there they smile when they tell you to fcuk off.
  12. I wouldnt want to know i would say buy a focking a-z guide!
  13. wal

wal Badgeman

I've always found a police woman on a horse to be the best to ask for direction, be it in the smoke or even Preston.

Mayhap I've just struck lucky as I'm a none polish speaking Polack but have a good understanding of horse, having owned a couple over the years.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  14. Whilst driving in never decreasing circles around Oxford street and Eros circle with a wogon load of gear for Wirless and cable in shaftsbury Avnnue, I thought the same thing, get an A-Z.
    So I did.
    It was whilst driving around Oxford Street and Eros circle with a wagon load of gear for Wireless and cable in Shaftsbury Avenue that I first realised I needed glasses as I could not read my newly purchased A-Z.
  15. wal

wal Badgeman

When I left the Mob in 90 I had a job as a telephone engineer(I use the term very loosely) as I was a stoker.
    I could drive through The Smoke with the Mobile, mCBii3dH-89lgegxbexTFBA.jpg (big fuckoff type) A to Z, a drink and a sarnnie and still navigate my way around. I now have trouble finding the front door.