ashamed of where we are after blair's demolition job

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by rumstateofaffairs, Feb 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. when the task force left port for the falklands to go and kick out the invaders, i got up in the early hours to see them off. i stood for hours watching with tears of pride as they set sail.
    lucky we had a service chief with the balls to say it could be done and lucky we had one politition with balls enough to say do it. the service chief was a sailor and the politition was a woman!
    what chance for us now with castrates in parliament?
    do i hear a sailor piping up somwhere?

2. Dude, in my opinion we, as a nation, can't do ANYTHING by ourselves any more, let alone retake the Falkland Islands.

3. Rum, you wouldn't be a journo on a fishing exercise by any chance, hmmmmmm?

4. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

I shall let this one run as I don't think he's a journo...yet.

5. Very condescending of you.

6. I don't think so; a journalist would be able to spell "politician".

7. Don't bet on it, there isn't a F7 key to be seen in the Post reply.... Which would be nice for those of us Silver backs that have slightly larger digits than most.... :grin:

8. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Are you sure???? :grin:

9. OFGS does it matter as long as we only give our opinion?
    This site is full of posts about the state of the RN, if he/she were a journo it would be easy to just have a troll around the site, surely.

10. i'm not a journo, just an englishman, a grandfather and a poor speller who is very pissed off with what is being done to his country.
    not sure what i can do about it. just wanted you to know that some of us appreciate the royal navy.

11. With you wholeheartedly there RSA. Let's form a Grandads' "Support the Royal Navy club".

2BM

12. Rum and friends, you don't need to get anywhere near the coast before you become very concerned about what is happening to our country - unless, of course, you happen to live there.

13. Fair do's mate. I apologise.

14. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Admiral Sir Jonathon Band, First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff has been quite vocal and widely reported in the last twenty four hours or so. What he said or didn't say is being discussed elsewhere on RR.

15. Still cheer up, in another few years the Falklands will be able to retake England! Its getting that way unfortunately!