Article: The King's Speech - A Film Review

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jan 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Yet to see it but it even before your review NS, it was on my 'to do' list (along with Helena Bonham Carter). There is not much in the action genre that floats my boat or Robin Hood LCVP and as a frequent flyer I see most films on the back of a chair, an ideal 'try before you buy'. I'd rather see this TKS on the big screen or home cinema without a preview.

Should one take a box of tissues? (Not for the Ed VIII / Wallis bit)
  3. I also went under duress & was impressed. Much, much better than you think it is going to be .....
  4. Mrs.M. went with daughter-in-law and grandson a couple of days ago. All three generations described it as brilliant, wifey went as far as saying it was the best film she's ever seen, (and she's seen a few in her 73 years). Even promised to buy me the DVD as soon as it's out.
    I don't do cinemas any more - too loud!

5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm going with the misses to see it tonight. Everyone i know who's seen it has said it's a fantastic film.
  6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just got back from seeing The Kings Speech. In one word - Brilliant.
  7. Stop crying into the mane of that Irish hunter (from Mayo) He was a stuttring, inbred (sorry) individual who just made good. G-d bless you mam..:fucyc:
  8. I'm no fan of monarchy but it made me shed a tear - surprisingly gripping