Article: Matterhorn - By Karl Marlantes

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
This has also been reviewed on Arrse where it received a similar good write-up. I also went to listen to Marlantes at the Edinburgh Book festival where he talked about his experiences, PTSD and how he came to get the book into publication - it took 30 years for him to write and was a cathartic experience.

Have a look also at the review on ARRSE and my blog. I would agree with Blackrat that this is certainly a Vietnam classic and must read if you are interested in that era.

A-G

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
AG would it not be possible to have a common review thread for both ARRSE and RR with books being in sections ie Military, Naval etc?

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
AG would it not be possible to have a common review thread for both ARRSE and RR with books being in sections ie Military, Naval etc?
Totally agree Janner and I have put this to the COs. I don't know if it is possible but they are looking at this, low priority though.

I think doing that would open up the reviews to a much wider audience plus there would be little need to draw attention to other sites. However, as it stands I have no problem in putting reviews on more than one site to ensure best coverage.

A-G (or A-Y on other sites! :) )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chockhead819 Current Affairs 4
PartTimer Current Affairs 6
hammockhead History 19