Article: Berlin at War by Roger Moorhouse

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Seaweed, Oct 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Excellent book - probably the best and certainly the most readable Third Reich tome I've read in the past 12 months. I found the account of the 'Nazi serial killer' particularly gripping.

His co-authored volume on the history of Breslau/Wroclaw, Microcosm, is an excellent read too; it was the book that set me on the way to my next offering:

Pen and Sword Books: Hitler's Final Fortress - Breslau 1945 by Richard Hargreaves

(Apologies for the shameless plug :slow: )
  3. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

One for my never-ending library list then! Excellent review, Seaweed.

In my (reasonably informed) opinion Germany - and don't forget Austria - will never escape its past; the stains will never disappear, even if they fade with time. Should the young be punished for the sins of the father? Who knows. What I do know is that WW2 still haunts the young and probably always will.

My, that is very deep for a Tuesday evening...
  4. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

To Asst-Ed

No need for apologies, one of the main aims of this part of the site is to let our members know of good books that are out there for the reading.

What I will do is ask P&S for a review copy, so look out for the review; either here or on ARRSE, but maybe both.