Art in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by pinkprincess, Oct 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stunning work...

BBC

2. Agreed. Certainly knocks spots off the "Turner" prize selection. :wink:

3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I enjoyed running thru that selection, he appears to capture the moment.

Why stick it in the gash pink?

4. I love art as much as I love music when it's good but I thought you chaps might think it a bit wet.

I've sold some of my own work on three continents now, maybe I'll be brave enough to post some here sometime...

Although my work comes nowhere near the standard of that in the link. It was truly breathtaking.

5. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Found the images very moving. I suddenly realised that my own artistic endeavors paled into insignificance.
    I don't think I would dare put any on the site.

6. Granny you are doing yourself a great disservice. You are an outstanding artist in your own right.
    I have been down the street where you live and your freshly decorated Front Door painted in the subtle shade of pussers grey is a joy to behold.
    I especially took delight in seeing how you had taken the time to depict the house pennant number in a delicate white trim.
    But for me the real icing on the cake was the Captain D black stripe around the chimney stack. It certainly puts the rest of your neighbourhood well and truely in the doldrums! :wink:

7. That guy is really good. Really captured the moments.

He might want to be careful though, the MOD might start trying to sell his pieces to make a bit of cash!!