Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

ARRSE Photo Competition Jun '10 - £250 prizes from Towergate

gremlin

Badgeman
[align=center][/align]

Apologies to those on here for the name of the comp! ;)

This month sees the first ARRSE Photography Competition. It is open to anyone, subject to the rules below, the theme is 'Military' and there are no date restrictions as to when the photograph was taken.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me in the first instance, either here or on the other place.

Attached is a copy of GCO's post with the full details and rules:

Good CO said:
EDIT. Dates extended to include Armed Forces Day. Submission now by 30 June with voting then until 14 July-ish

Just about to go out in today's newsletter - the Great ARRSE June 2010 Photo Competition

June Newsletter said:
The first great ARRSE photo competition takes place this month. It's one competition with two prizes: £150 for the best photo as voted for by ARRSE users (more in a moment), and £100 for the best as chosen by ARRSE sponsorTowergate Wilson who have been kind enough to provide the prizes.

Basic plan is:

30 June - Deadline for submissions (giving time for you to get those veterans weekend shots in)
1 July-ish Voting starts in the forums
14 July-ish voting closed
Some point shortly afterwards: winner announced

Detail and Rules

The June 2010 photo competition is for two prizes; £150 and £100. Both have been offered by our sponsors Towergate Wilson (thank you Towergate!). The first is for the picture judged to be the best by ARRSE users in an online vote, and the second is the best as decided by Towergate, but to be eligible for this second prize, entrants must give permission for Towergate to use their images in publicity material.

The rules are as follows:

1. The subject for the ARRSE June 2010 Photographic Competition can be anything related to the military.

2. Up to four entries per person

3. Entries must be submitted by email, but with the following limits:
Min size 800 x 600
Max file size: 2Mb
Only one image per email
Exif (file metadata) must be intact for all entries (It almost certainly will be. If in doubt send a PM to Gremlin for clarification)

4. Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. We reserve the right to exclude any image we believe may have been excessively treated.

5. Each entry should submitted with details of where and when the photo was taken.

6. Entries should be sent to admin @ olivenet.co.uk, but MUST include the text at the bottom of these rules to accept the conditions and grant usage.

7. The competition closes at midnight on 20 June 2010, with voting by ARRSE users after that.

8. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.

9. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.

10. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the competition. By entering the competition all entrants grant Olive Net Ltd the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on the Army Rumour Service, Navy Net (Rum Ration) and Rear Party websites.

11. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and we reserve the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if we have reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.

12. We reserve the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage. ("We're keeping the prize and leaving the country. Unlucky losers...")

13. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Olive Net Ltd.

The Practicalities

Please make sure that your email system will send the size of photo you're trying to attach! Remember, only one attachment of up to 2MB per email or we might not get your entry.

Please include the following text in your email:

- Where taken
- When taken
- Who / what is feaured if not obvious

You must include the first or both of the statements below in your email:

- cut'n'paste as necessary

(required - the first £150)

"I have read and have complied with the rules of the competition as given on the ARRSE website, and grant permission for Olive Net to publish my pictures on their community websites (ARRSE, RR, RP - in the gallery or on the front page, and for the voting in the forums) and resize and cut the pictures as necessary."

(optional - the extra £100 prize)

"I would also like to enter for the second, $100 prize, and therefore give permission to Towergate Wilson to use the attached images in their publicity material."

Bump.

Someone must have some decent phots to submit?

Unfortunately all my military ones are of the insides of HMS Vanguard which I intend to sell for a lot more than £250.

gremlin said:
Bump, and a reminder to get out and take some photographs this weekend!

This weekend will see a good degree of naked bar. One of the lads does a great **** gape. I'll see what I can do mucker.

Re: ARRSE Photo Competition Jun '10 - £250 prizes from Towe

It would be good to receive some more photos for this competition - we've had a few cracking pictures sent in so far - but more would be better! :D

gremlin said:
JonnoJonno said:
gremlin said:
Bump, and a reminder to get out and take some photographs this weekend!

This weekend will see a good degree of naked bar. One of the lads does a great **** gape. I'll see what I can do mucker.

Thank God I'm not vetting them! ;)

I only just saw that. Great...that's my job,well, not the vetting but the collation. Joy! :pottytrain1: :shakefist:

Re: ARRSE Photo Competition Jun '10 - £250 prizes from Towe

Good to see its not a 'rights grab"

10. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the competition. By entering the competition all entrants grant Olive Net Ltd the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on the Army Rumour Service, Navy Net (Rum Ration) and Rear Party websites.

BZ.

Latest Threads