Arriving at Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bcfcryan_88, Jan 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, Im joining on Feb 7th. Does anybody know what time you have to be there on the Sunday? I know i will get briefed by my AFCO but im just curious. Thanks.
  2. Not sure how it works now, but the usual drill was to get on the train booked for you by the AFCO on the Monday and get picked up by a coach at Plymouth Station where you were then driven to Raleigh.

Obviously people arrived on different trains so there were a few different coaches, and it took until Monday evening for everyone to turn up and get settled in.
  3. It's Sunday these days 2_deck, though as you say arrivals are staggered throughout the afternoon and the AFCO will sort out transport to fit in with the pick up times at Raleigh. Generally it seems to be late afternoon, but as I say, depends on the arrangments made between Raleigh and AFCO.
  4. You will need to arrive at Plymouth train station between 1600 - 1800 on the Sunday. Your AFCO will advice you on the train times and you will be met at the train station by a member of the training staff. If you are arriving later than this they will be aware of it and they will wait for you.
  5. Thanks, that clears a few things up now!