Army's Apache fires first Hellfire missiles at sea

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MoD_RSS, May 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I guess the bootnecks will get them next...well done AAC.

3. My bold, a soothing phrase just to allay any fears Gib's next door neighbour has that HM Govt is planning to blow their new Guardia Civil vessel out of our waters...

BZ AAC, I bet Somali pirates will read this one with interest!

4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I liked the phrase "Understanding shipborne life". Further on "Integrating into the Air Group" NB not the life of the ship.

5. This happened too near Gibraltar one week after. SPS Juan Carlos I. The first plane take off.

[​IMG]

Just in case if HM Govt is planning to blow our new Civil Guard vessel out of our waters.

6. Guarda los jugetes en el bolsillo hijo mio... 300 years plus and going strong.

7. :spam2:
    :spam1: :wave: :boxing:

8. Fair one AEB, we are a little deficient on the these floating runway thingys at the moment - not that we need one. This one doesn't move but it's unsinkable...

gibraltarrunway.jpg

9. Not a chance, although we do have 2 guys going through AH training with the AAC..

10. They've been beaten to it by the RMR (technically an untruth given he now an AAC Officer..!)

11. Just as a reminder:

12. Great photo of Gib

13. Yes, 1704 - 2011 is more than 300 years. Lets face it the Morrocans have a greater claim to Gibraltar than Spain has.

Some basic maths for you - Since the fall of the Roman Empire a brief period in Visigoth hands, 711-1462 in Moorish hands, 1462-1704 in Spanish hands (242yrs) and 1704-present (300 years plus and counting) in British hands (having been signed over to us by the Spanish).

Cheers easy. (roughly tranlsates as "toma ya!")

14. He was never RMR but did deploy as RNR.....IIRC. (but we've had guys on Cobra since 86).=-D=-D

15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Why on earth would a bootneck want to fly an apache, dont they just clip them on to their belt kit?

16. I see what you did there

17. I reckon we're on about different lads here Royal; the one I know of was definitely RMR, initials CV.

18. Switch on Royal, hoofing run ashore wagon, plenty of room for oppos provided they're got a couple of bungies...