ARMY vs NAVY

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by pongoshaggy, Nov 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can anyone give me the dates for the match next year ,me n wet blobby are going (if he gets his 48hr pass from mrs WB) i need to book a b n b cheers all

2. Saturday 3rd May, ko 1500

3. cheers chaz only missed this year because of afghan tour ,been to the last 6 games , we should have a rum ration meet maybe in the "cabbage patch"i'll be the one drunk in the car park next to the other several hundred pissed up serviceman

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Several hundred pissed-up servicemen?" I think you're being a little conservative with your estimation... and what about the service women?! They're worse. :oops:

I've policed the event each year between 2002-2005, and saw some horrendous sights. One of the best events I've attended though; just a good excuse to catch up with old shipmates (nothing to do with the rugby)! :wink:

Gonna miss it in '08 unfortunately... :cry:

5. awesome day 60 000 army/navy getting trashed ,cant actually remember any of the games too much port killing my brain cell (only the one left)

6. sgtpepperband

Pongo with one brain cell? Hmm... you in the Guards?! :lol:

7. royal logistic corps always hated drill

8. sgtpepperband

Postie? :?

9. driver im biffed at the moment minestrike f**ked my leg up

10. sgtpepperband

Of course, Pongo. Read you previous posts with interest and humility. Have you managed to sort out somewhere to go this Xmas? :?

11. im in my flat for xmas ,have family nearby but fancy doing the drinking thing ,my best buddy is in afghan now soo im at a loose end something will turn up

12. sgtpepperband

Well I imagine closer to the time there'll be an RR piss-up somewhere. What the forum for details... :wink:

13. Glad someone has asked this questions as i was also wondering this myself.

After attending the match this year and experienced such an amazing atmosphere ive vowed im going to go every year.

God what have i been missing out on?

Hope to see you all there again next year.

Just hope that the weather for next years game is the same as this years match, nice and sunny!

14. Been going for a few years, missed this year for the Goddaughters wedding. You think her father, ex-matlot, would have edducatedher, or was it my job?