Army v's Navy Rugby Match

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by wompingwillow, Feb 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone going?

Anyone fancy going?

I'm meant to be going with our cadets but don't fancy a stone cold sober day out, but equally the only other people I have had an offer of going with are a bunch of pongos.

Anyone who fancys a rumration supporters section ( e'g I'll make arrangements for money to change hands and then book with daddys credit card so we are all sat together let me know ASAP ether on here or by pm)

Wompers

2. How many RRs are going to the Army v Navy match???

I am ... and intend to get very drunk

3. You might as well, just to drown your sorrows of being slapped again by 15 or so Fijians.

4. So what if we do get beaten, i think the only ones that really care are the Army... all the Navy want to do is get pi$$ed and have a good laugh.

5. I will be there but have to sit with Army as tickets booked through work.

6. Am going WW, but have made own arrangements hun xx

Ventress unfortunately (gritting me teeth) you are right. But honestly think they should re-name the match Navy v ex-All Black rejects :)

7. When is it??

Are the RAF providing half time entertainment, after all we all know they have to be included in everything :wink: :wink:

8. 5th of May ukdaytona

9. This is an all day event ruined by 80 minutes of rugby or should I say, a Fijian display team. :)

Will be going up with the Collingwood coach on the day.

10. Can I suggest an RR scrum at The Cabbage Patch after the match??? :)

11. So what position you going to play in the scrum then pinta????

12. The cabbage patch will be absolutely rammed post match aussiepint and they put their prices up on match days. There are alot better pubs a short walk away in twickenham such as the Barmy Arms by the river, Hobgoblin, Eel Pie and Fox in York St
    Here is a guide to Twickenham Pubs used by Harlequin fans over the years some of the pubs might haved changed as I don't know when it was last updated. I have drunk in most of the pubs myself
    http://www.diamondgeezers.org.uk/fluidssolids/fluidsplaces.html

Not going to the game because I'm working

13. You have drunk in most of the pubs BQ or GOTTEN drunk in most of the pubs 8O :p x Seriously thanks for infomation. We will have to sort something out gang??

14. Barmy Arms looks good

15. Is it within staggering distance Lister ;)

16. Both, i used to live near Twickenham and have been a Harlequins season ticket holder for the last 6 years :lol: :D ,
    the Barmy Arms is just a short walk from the high st head for the river or ask someone
    I'll get some more up to date info at Quins next saturday

17. That would be great Buster thanks x Maybe we could all come to a consensus on where to meet up closer to the match? Then RR members could meet up and drown their sorrows...oops meant celebrate our overwhelming Pongo victory!!! ;)

18. For all interested, a few of us are going to meet up on Friday Night in Covent Garden...few drinks maybe something to eat.
    Then on Saturday its down to Twickenham for the match then post match in the Barmy Arms.
    PM either me or aussiepint for details

19. Thanks Lister. Yep, if anyone is interested, come along and join in the madness :p Whilst I'm here Lister can I just pay condolances to Saracens loss to Bath today? :twisted: Saracens 30-31 Bath. Olly Barkley kickin five from five...ahhhhh!! Sorry mate, couldn't resist :twisted: :wink:

20. yes yes..thanks very much!!!!!