Army vs Navy Rugby 2014

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by Bluebird79, Nov 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tickets on sale today but I was wondering how you get a wrist band to to Navy tent on the day? I can't find the answer anywhere and there was no answer when I rang RNRUFC customer service.

Hopefully one of you more experienced people will have the answer :)
  2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

You have to be going with a group who are organising their own marquee. There aren't many RN ones to be honest, I know the respective field gun associations used to do it, but there aren't many RN organisations big enough to warrant using a marquee (like the army regiments are for example) so most content themselves with a coach. For what it's worth, my group of mates stopped going on the coaches after an incident on the coach in 03, which I may or may not have been involved in!! We go for the whole weekend and would never consider going up for the day again, it's a great weekend out.
  3. Whey hey! Huntingdon RNA jolly boys outing again.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  4. OK cheers - I've been on the website and it says that there is an RN tent (just the one mind you), any ideas as to how you gain access to it?

Not been drunk on coaches since I was in Uni a VERY long time ago - women's sports teams shouldn't be allowed to travel by coach....
  5. tiddlyoggy

My guess would be to be a patron of the RNRFU, but that is only a guess.
  6. Still do. This year when hooked up there was one oppo.
  7. TOPSTOP.jpg Arrangements have been made, I will be there by train Saturday, can no longer do whole W/Ends, Lightweight that I am (NOT)
  8. Unfortunately my brother has chosen 3rd May to get married so will be missing out once again (last year I left my wallet in a taxi the night before so spent the day tracking that down instead of going to Twickenham).

Oh well, there's always next year.
  9. The Bobcack Trohpy? Jesus, those bastards get everywhere.
  10. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They crept in to this a few years back.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  11. Last time I attended I went on a coach from Greenwich and met one of my old oppos before the game, had a few wets with him and ended up on the coach going back to Guzz, Bsatards woke me up at Drake Main Gate. Got back to Greenwich next day after having gone on the lash down Union Strasse.

My other half was not well impressed having posted me missing in action and me not being able to remember her phone number, whoops
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Just heard from my guy who gets the tickets that there is a restriction on the number of tickets available, apparently its a sell out. Yeehar party time!!!!! even got tickets to the Royal Logicsticks Corps tent. Will be wearing stripy blazer and silly hat. Hope our 1 in 10 is 2 years early!!! Looking forward to the GREATEST RUN ASHORE OF THE YEAR well one dayer, Sceptre Reunion for the ELWE.
  13. I am going, after training for the pjft I might be fast enough to streak this year. Get your jibs out for the laddds. I have been the last few years but had to cheer on the army (sorry nelson), this year its all about the seamen.
  14. *puts on public school accent* Anyone got a spare ticket?
  15. tiddlyoggy

Please do, as this is my official leaving run this would be a most fitting send off.
  16. As long as you will write to me when I am banged up for getting 'em out :D